GMS Engineering Associate- Future Leaders Program-US- 2018
- BS degree completed by September 2018
- Majoring in any of the following disciplines:
Mechanical Engineering, Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering,, Chemical Engineering, Control Engineering Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for the duration of the 3-year Program and must not require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
Less than 2 years of relevant work experience upon graduation
- Must be mobile and able to relocate domestically and internationally
- Previous experience working in a laboratory, technical, engineering or manufacturing setting in either industry or University experience
- Experience of the pharmaceutical industry and/or industrial focused University project
Our Global Manufacturing and Supply organization (GMS) leads the rapid commercialization and distribution of GSK products, allowing team members to take a proactive, hands-on approach to shaping the world around them. Working in conjunction with other parts of the business, we ensure the smooth and rapid transition of newly developed products into full-scale manufacture. By using a variety of processes and the latest efficient technology, our global network is able to deliver to patients and customers four billion packs of medicines and healthcare products every single year.
By joining the three-year rotational GMS Technical Development Program, you will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to lives around the world, whilst enjoying some of the healthiest career prospects in the industry.
The program involves three different rotations in the US, with the potential to have an opportunity internationally. The rotations will be aligned to both business and personal development needs. At the end of the program, if you have delivered to the standards that we expect, you will be supported to obtain a role within the business.
Training and Development
To support you throughout our challenging Graduate Program, you will progress through a structured development path involving both core training and an individually tailored training plan. You are allocated an individual budget to fund your professional development.
To help you transition into our Graduate Program, you will be supported by a current graduate. The bullet points below give you a very brief view of where the training focus lies.
- Application of core technical skills in an industrial setting
- Exposure to various areas of the business through different rotations
- Technical training driven by your discipline and the rotational objectives
- Development guided by a technical competency framework specific to that of your discipline
- Business networking events
- Site and role specific training and development (e.g. Health & Safety, Quality Management Systems, Project Management)
Personal Development Support
- Support through mentoring and sponsorship
- Development of Leadership Expectations
- 360-degree feedback - feedback from colleagues, managers and stakeholders to aid your development
- Business networking events
- Career planning
As an Automation Engineering graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
- Maintaining and troubleshooting site control systems
- Managing automation projects e.g. modification or improvement design, upgrading and installing control systems, ensuring that suppliers and site equipment comply with international standards
- Testing and commissioning
- As an Electrical Engineering graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
- High voltage systems operations
- Maintenance of electrical equipment
- Providing assistance and leading electrical project work from design through to project implementation
- Providing solutions for day-to-day issues and breakdowns
- Involvement in energy reduction and cost reduction initiatives
As a Mechanical Engineering Graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on:
- Project managing new equipment from design, factory acceptance testing, installation and validation
- Increasing manufacturing efficiencies through Improved safety systems, equipment performance and reliability
- Providing day-to-day support for risk assessments, equipment issues and breakdowns
- Energy management, sustainability
- Managing multi-skilled engineering teams
- Keeping abreast of cutting edge technologies in precision engineering
We are currently recruiting for an Associate with a September 2018 hire date. There will be an Assessment Center for final candidate selection held in RTP, NC, during the month of November 2017. Final candidates will be required to attend the Assessment Center.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top