Global Process Owner – Payroll
Payroll Experts wanted! We are searching for someone to lead our global payroll strategy and drive improvements across our payroll landscape. Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
Please see Jackie's video for an insight into the role.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
The Payroll Global Process Owner (GPO) is accountable to the business for operational effectiveness of Payroll globally. The role will ensure payroll processes are designed to ultimately drive business benefit and to make it easier for employees. Core deliverables will include best in class standards; in payroll accuracy, timeliness, customer service, cost optimization, continuous improvement, compliance and risk management as well as efficient and effective project management in times of change such as mergers and acquisitions.
Assessing external benchmark and best practice trends, the Payroll GPO will support definition of the long-term GSK-wide process vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals, as well as the operating model required to effectively execute payroll globally. The Payroll GPO will need to ensure the process vision is aligned with GSK business and IT strategies. The role will be expected to work very closely with the Head of Global HR Operations and the Head of HR Systems and Digital as well as Regional Operations leads to deploy the agreed strategy. Partnering with the business, the Payroll GPO will define and execute a roadmap to move the organisation from the 'current state' to the desired 'future state'.
In consultation with business and operational teams the Payroll GPO will lead identification, prioritisation, and delivery of process improvements, ensuring they support organisational outcomes and business results. Where improvements require IT system changes, the Payroll GPO is responsible for ensuring any system design meets business requirements, with a focus on strategic applications.
The nature of the Payroll GPO role will vary over time - sometimes the focus will be on significant transformation and at other times it will be on keeping the process on track and driving process adoption / adherence.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
1) Support the vision and define the roadmap for Global Payroll to drive business benefit, continuous improvement and ease of process use for the end user. Define how GSK will move from the current state to the desired future state for Global Payroll, by:
• Establishing clear as-is understanding (issues and challenges)
• Partnering with business and operational teams to understand the issues and challenges with the 'current state' and define (and execute) the roadmap to transition to the desired 'future state'.
• Developing mechanisms to ensure operational performance of the process is optimum (e.g., helping define SLA targets for Operations).
2) Define and refine the Global Payroll solution
3) Manage Global Payroll prioritisation and support delivery
4) Embed and grow organisational capability by owning and ensuring training material, process documentation (e.g., GSOPs) and other supporting material (e.g., end user self help content) are developed and maintained
5) Optimise extraction of solution value by monitoring operational efficiency and effectiveness KPIs (baseline and targets) - partnering with business and operational teams to take corrective action, as required.
6) Develop & Improve Global Payroll core service delivery by effectively & efficiently managing global payroll operations including vendor management, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution and project management (in conjunction with Regional Ops leads).
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV to tell us more about you and why you're the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB 25th May 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
You are likely to have experienced one or more blue chip multinational organisations where change is complex and fast-moving. Identified as a 'rising star' - an individual with significant future potential (to move at least 1 or 2 levels above where you currently are), you are someone who has ambition and thrives in a high performance, high accountability culture. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is driving a change agenda that is set around Innovation, Performance and Trust and moving at pace. You will ideally be someone who can bring a healthy balance of delivery and driving a transformation to support Emma's agenda. Watch Emma's summary of GSK's 2017 Performance here: https://www.youtube.com/embed/e79PFz9ZdyI?rel=0
We believe that international experience provides a breadth of knowledge and skills so ideally you will have lived and worked outside of the UK and/or led multinational teams.
• University degree (BSc or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance or Business Management
• Certified Payroll Professional accreditation preferred
• Professional transnational experience.
• Knowledge of end-to-end payroll systems and processes with a proven ability to drive payroll processes and efficiency improvements on a large scale.
• Proven ability to implement best practices in global payroll via a high performance culture whilst managing costs, improving quality and providing a high level of customer service.
• Possess solid experience of payroll systems and processes
• Ability to influence and establish positive cross-functional working relationships across the organization.
• Experience in managing multiple vendor relationships and resolving issues.
• High sense of urgency and outstanding analytical skills to define problems, identify options to solve and recommend solutions.
• Industry expert with excellent in depth knowledge of Payroll and associated functions and local requirements.
• Experience of Pharma, consumer goods / FMCG sector preferred
• Project / Programme Management experience
• Strong change leadership experience
• Senior stakeholder managements skills and experience engaging business customers
• Ability to stay 'close to the ground' (globally) to understand the 'real' end-user experience and perspective
• Sound understanding of process simplification and standardisation and proven experience in global process roll-out
• Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a matrix team
• Good knowledge of process design, lean sigma and other process improvement approaches
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team .
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top