Global Marketing Director – Digital Innovation Expert
As a successful Global Marketing Director - Digital Innovation expert, you have a strong experience of working in a global organization and market. Further you have demonstrated ability to lead and influence within a matrix organization and to integrate complex multifunctional efforts crossing multiple business areas.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, MBA preferred – BA in engineering, IT vs marketing. MBA helpful.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with Technology / Electronic devices and/or big data in various areas including marketing. Actual Experience in launching a device an asset.
- Previous experience working in medical devices marketing an asset.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead within a matrix organization, integrating complex multifunctional efforts crossing multiple business areas
As a Global Marketing Director - Digital Innovation expert, you will be responsible for leading strategic development, capability building and go to market plans across the category on digital innovation (devices and data). You are recognized for your expertise in Technology / Electronic devices Expert.
Your responsibilities include:
- Own digital innovation and device contribution to category strategic plan: top line and contribution (Gross sales, COGS A&P, people resources, and budget), innovation performance, geo expansion projects, category/brand market share, portfolio NPV, and delivery of Year 1/3 performance of platform (sales, gross margin, market share) in collaboration with areas, markets and GILs.
- Deliver full go to market plan for digital innovation - ensure the support plans are developed against relevant trial barriers and are fit for purpose within the key markets.
- Lead the roll out plans for digital technology with speed to market.
- Lead the Pain relief inputs to data platform, data connection and overall data strategy requirements in connected digital innovation.
- Monitor, communicate and incorporate external trends in digital innovation - provide input to brand heads and on target and resource gaps, key risks and opportunities.
- Lead the digital innovation agenda with clear indications on stage gate, risk profile, NPV, key deliverables etc. by integrating into single master plan.
- Lead ideation process and conduct idea screening validation. Decide on new products ideas on the platform based on value.
- Provide strong liaison and consultancy with GSK area teams on capability and go to market optimizations to drive best in class launches.
Research for innovation
- Identify consumer trends and develop a menu of ideas and projects globally that will inform the innovation decisions and communication.
- Identify the consumer adoption curve, the launch and support model to maximize the sales of digital innovation.
- Recommend prioritization between innovation initiatives within the digital innovation space.
- Recommend launch of new initiatives, geo expansion plans, BD&L, strategic partnerships to explore in specific geographies in line with strat plan.
- Prioritizes and decide among brand platform innovation initiatives.
- External and internal innovation pipeline, from ideation to toolkits.
- Business case of new product ideas on the platform.
- Own process of generating consumer insights, receiving input from MRD team.
- Decide performance objectives of platform marketing team, in line with overall franchise/brand goals.
Project Team Management:
- Leadership of the business case and decision rights to recommend progress to stage gate approvals.
- Liaison to markets.
- Consumer understanding and validation.
- Input into brand strat plan/budget, resource mix, and brand strategies across. commercial/product/packaging to various brand leads and strategic plan development team.
- Input/contribute into brand innovation portfolio NPV and overall IMP (prioritization of platform innovations vs. maintenance initiatives, launch, investments, divestments) to brand heads.
- Input/support franchise R&D/Tech Ops/BD&L team during implementation/delivery of innovation initiatives.
- Input into COGS targets and improvement initiatives, supply product shortages resolution, longer-term investment decisions for brand heads discussion with category head, Tech Ops.
- Input into compliance/RA/MA teams to ensure compliance.
- Work with geographic leads if applicable to develop a geographic expansion strategy and pipeline for digital technology with speed to market of rollout plans.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top