Global Insights Area Manager
GlaxoSmithKline is hiring Global Insights Area Manager.
- 7+ years of direct experience in a broad range of marketing research methodologies and insight including strategic and tactical qualitative and quantitative custom research
- Expertise in all areas of the research process and design principles for both local and global studies
- Experience with OTC healthcare products, FMCG or consumer brands, experience in digitally-driven companies is a plus
- Mix of client and agency side experience preferable
- A minimum of a BA degree (Preferred: MBA)
- Excellent communication skills. English spoken and written, additional languages are a plus
- Can effectively bridge local commercial business priorities and needs with global strategies, incorporating diverse experiences and perspectives
- Capable of framing and conceptualising complex business problems and executing complex projects from design to completion
- Is a strategic thinker who is viewed as a valuable, collaborative strategic business partner
- Able to connect and synthesize data sources, research outputs and market trends into recommendations with sound business logic
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of consumer, shopper and expert dynamics in the CH business
- Strong ability to interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Confident with addressing and resolving conflict
- Confident with addressing and resolving conflict
- Demonstrate curiosity and inquisitiveness
- Deliver high quality results
- Capable of developing relationships with research partners, articulating needs and translating them into actionable best-in-class approaches
The qualified candidate will:
- Partner with commercial and category Insights to align clear strategic priorities and create, monitor and execute Insights plan to maximize the Global Insights budget and deliver holistic insight
- Focus and prioritize efforts based on market and brand matrix
- Synthesize and Integrate information and develop insight to answer key strategic questions
- Embody the Voice of the Consumer, Shopper and Expert
- Ensure the consumer first approach is consistently understood and adopted across the business (e.g. with marketing, digital, etc.) with particular attention to market nuances
- Own a comprehensive understanding of business environment in the US including macroeconomic, social and demographic factors, competitor brands and product substitutes
- Assist in identifying growth and profit opportunities and their business implications
- Generate forward looking and predictive views of area trends by understanding drivers of consumer behavior, articulate clear and compelling requirements for business action
- Champion digital within the market, facilitate the understanding of the local digital consumer, the degree of digital maturity and implications for the market in terms of platforms and methodologies
- Articulate clear and compelling storylines translating into insight to drive business action
- Manage research partners to execute defined activities in a timely manner, engage and building relationships with research partners to continuously improve quality and adopt innovative methodologies• Develop and manage Insights budget conducting all projects within budget
- Demonstrate and live GSK values and expectations, all GSK policies and SOP
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top