Global ERP Competency Centre Team Specialist Manager
Supporting the Regional Team Lead, this role is instrumental in the setting up and successful ongoing management of CC team. The Team Specialist Manager will be responsible for two or three modules of CERPS and the man management of specialists working on those modules. The role will be key in defining the strategy for these areas of CERPS and will be responsible for driving optimal local market adoption and usage of GSK's global ERP system.
The role will need to ensure their team specialists successfully build and sustain the capability of local market end users to ensure GSK get the best from the billion-pound ERP systems investment, which is a critical global change to the business.
• Setting out a clear vision for specific SAP modules in Asia region, including a benchmark for end user adoption and capability, a diagnosis of approach and market challenges and implementation strategy.
• Recruit and lead a team of 3- 4 specialists for Asia Centre, with clear roles and responsibilities to ensure delivery success.
• Agree work objectives and activities as related to the roles, monitor and drive activities in line with the Global ERP CC agreed ways of working. Carry out air traffic control and triaging to ensure the team has clear priorities and can work effectively.
• Define a specific communication strategy relevant to the modules and Asia that drives user adoption, effective usage of the modules and the building of ongoing capability. Also, support retrofit communications in the relevant SAP areas and the sharing of best practice.
• Engage in Communities of Practice (CoP's) and drive participation across the team as well as ensuring there is a two-way communication channel between CoPs and end users. Responsible for ensuring the area STP's (situation target proposals) are raised at the correct forums and progress is monitored.
• Monitor user adoption measures in the relevant modules and be responsible for remedial actions using system utilisation metrics and methods to get best results (provide focus).
• Carry out audits of relevant markets.
• Build a capability plan through market visits- create a training plan for specific modules in the area with advanced training in problem areas/ support local super users and coordinate this to delivery with the team.
• Create a network across the area to facilitate the efficient collection of system or process requirements (Regional & Local).
• Coordinate and build a support structure within the team (user set ups, second line support, training, clear and consistent communications for all aspects such as upgrades, outages, issue resolution, feedback on system inputs).
• Implement the ERP data strategy as defined by the ERP Global Team to ensure data quality checks and corrective action are at the heart of daily business across the geography.
• Work with the ERP CC Team Leader and the equivalent specialist managers in the 3 other geographies to ensure consistency and sharing of best practice across the new Global ERP CC organisation.
You are a passionate Global ERP Competency Centre (CC) Specialists Team Manager, Asia with the following attributes:
KNOWLEDGE/ EDUCATION / PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Detailed SAP technical understanding in at least two process area (ideally 3) and a high-level awareness of all SAP modules including data and reporting.
• End to end Business process knowledge (could be from previous roles).
• SAP technical knowledge together with business process understanding.
• At least 10 years' experience of progressive career growth
• Shown good teamwork and demonstrated the ability to manage a small team
• Awareness of coaching and mentoring skills that would align to GSK ways of working
• Proven delivery of projects and results.
• Ability to follow global strategy whilst balancing local needs
• Led in-market business processes (e.g. trade promotion, demand management, customer services, etc)
• Excellent communication skills & cultural awareness and the ability to manage a small group of specialists remotely across countries within the region
• Resilience and ability to work in situations with conflicting priorities and business critical timelines.
• Ability to engage and work closely with senior stakeholders
• Independent thinking and good decision making capabilities
• Strong technical skills, business intelligence and excellent understanding of the needs of the customers
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services.
They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top