Global Commodity Buyer
- Commercial experience of working within a procurement function
- Knowledge of raw materials, commodities, chemistry and/or pharmaceutical products
- Able to work with stakeholders and suppliers in a business environment
- Global Procurement Category management experience
- CIPS qualification
- Qualified to Degree or Masters level within appropriate subject
- Experience in R&D, Quality and Technical processes
GMS Production Procurement manages a total third party spend more than of £2bn and is tasked to deliver 25% reduction in COGS by end 2020. The GMS ambition to grow the business, coupled with the task to generate significant costs reductions requires enhanced focus on Strategic Procurement.
To support delivery of these objectives, it is recognised that there is a need to restructure Production Procurement to allow us to:
- Increase the strategic impact of Procurement
- Drive closer alignment within the End-2-End Supply Chain function and the wider GMS
- Drive closer alignment to the markets commercial organisation
- Continue the development of a World Class Procurement organisation
This role is part of the new Production Procurement structure that was implemented by early 2016, been created to specifically manage the growth, complexity & shifting geographic priorities / needs of our global business.
To source goods required by stakeholders and ensure GSK obtains the most favourable terms with regards to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation. These goods and services will typically not be associated with major regional or global spend categories and will be considered as local tactical spend. The role will support stakeholder needs specific globally and to local countries or hubs (collections of countries).
The role will manage a complex portfolio in terms of number of suppliers, SKUs, and sits to support. The scope includes sourcing support for Primary/Secondary Pharma sites, CH sites, and CMO sites. Main materials part of this portfolio includes Coatings and Titanium dioxide. Spend is close to £20m per annum supporting more than 20 Pharma, CH, and CMO sites, and more than 20 suppliers
- Manage a portfolio of raw materials that required by GSK stakeholders
- Create, execute and manage relatively simple sourcing and supply strategies that deliver
- business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Support the execution for Sourcing strategy at regional level, under the supervision and direction of global and regional category leaders and managers
- Create effective contracts with suppliers to optimize commercial terms of supply for GSK
- Establish and maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure business requirements
- are met
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers to deliver business benefit
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and business
- Generate a good understanding of the relevant industry market places and supply base
- within scope of responsibility
- Ensure risk to GSK is minimized by appropriate use of risk mitigation planning and
- effective contracting
- Utilize GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and
- methodologies in the sourcing process
- Perform any transactional and Procurement Operations related activities as required by the role
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 25th September 2017
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top