Global Channel Manager, eMail Marketing
- Marketing or Business Degree.
- Experience of Digital Marketing/ Marketing manager within commercial and highly regulated environments.
- Proven experience in the management of cross functional/matrix business implementations.
- Proven experience of translating technical/complex concepts into simple tasks/steps.
- Comprehensive knowledge of E-Mail Channel in a commercial environment e.g. Veeva 1:1 approved email channel.
- Intermediate knowledge of E-Mail Channel processes and techniques and delivering E-Mail Channels in a commercially business driven programme.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Marketing/ Digital Multi- Channel Marketing in a regulatory environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of the sales representative within a digital landscape.
- Understands the role of privacy/consent as part of email marketing initiatives.
- Ability to form strong teams with diverse individuals and communicate effectively at all levels, including senior management.
- Articulate with a demonstrated consultative capability and experience of decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills, with Senior Stakeholder management experience.
- Critical listener with effective questioning and able to lead high level of activity throughout the digital channels arena.
- Ability to define action plans to resolve risks & issues and implement corrective actions where required
- Experience of monitoring and reporting skills, with the ability to detect and resolve problems
See Basic Qualifications
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare, dedicated to our mission to help people do more, feel better & live longer. We also have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of our Digital Channels team, in the role of Global Channel Manager - Email Marketing.
The successful candidate will
- Develop and support the 1:1 email strategy as part of CLM marketing.
- Act as the subject matter expert for email and customer data base marketing as part of CLM in keeping with overall Digital Marketing Practice; establish the channel strategy, global standards, SOPs, business processes, style/design guides, analysis and optimisation of the channel and platform(s) used to support the successful launches of key assets.
You will be the focal point for key management and oversight of the 1:1 approved E-Mail Channel as well as customer database marketing on behalf of the Digital Channels Team, providing an assurance body for the Global Business and Regional Markets.
The Channel Manager will interface with existing Global Channel Managers and Channel leads who support top markets including the CRM Global Process Owners (GPO's ) and IT partners.
Delivering the technological channel solution and managing the relationship in the regions with the Multi- Channel Lead, ensuring optimal use of the CLM-Email channel as part of an overall digital strategy.
- Provide deep expertise on the email CLM channel to maximize using the 1:1 email channel.
- Develop and implement plans to optimise using the 1:1 email channel in partnership with other experts on the Multi-Channel team.
- Provide regular, up to date and relevant customer behaviour insights for marketers in MCM environments inside and outside the Pharma sector.
- Support Global MCM strategy and priorities by identifying and evaluating innovative uses of this channel that drive customer value and growth.
- Responsible for maintaining the global standards, design/style guides, business processes for two channels.
- Understand and communicate regulatory and compliance risks to leveraging emerging solutions to meet brand objectives.
- Coordinate with LOCs and Brand Marketers to understand needs, campaign requirements and local customer strategies.
- Manage Marketing Business Requirements for platform releases as part of the Veeva release schedule relating to 1:1 email.
- Support the different agencies and functions to manage smooth transitions from CR to test to release and governance control e.g. Survey in conjunction with the release GPO.
- Development of Marketing Guidance and best practice examples for use of CLM marketing channels in line with MCM channels.
- New Marketing/Business documentation for smooth uptake of new functionality/governance awareness.
- Embed and manage the impact of the CLM channel updates to Franchise + LOC marketing e.g. CRM channel Content development as part of the MCM marketing campaigns.
- Act as a reporting requirement owner to make sure all 1:1 emailing activities in each market are visible to global/local sales & marketing management team" and "monitor the actual use of Veeva Approved eMail in each market to identify opportunities for improvement and/or good practices to share.
- Maintain an effective and complex team of 3rd party outsourced team members as part of an overall production team supporting CLM.
Closing date for applications: 25th August 2017
What we offer:
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalised career development pathway.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top