General Project Management
- Industrial engineer or equivalent through experience
- Knowledge in project management
- At least 6 years in similar function of project management in Technical Services
- 0 up to max 3
- Less than 5 M €/year
- Sets priorities for team members to meet daily deadlines; may delegate control over established work flow. Co-ordinates work flow and work quality
- Ensures the work quality according to methods, refers to existing instructions and appropriate rules, and controls results
- Communicates effectively and regularly to inform team members of work plans and progress
- Enables team to respond to short-term plans and to adopt change
- Works to control costs related to work in team managed, within budgetary constraints
- Based on information that is readily available, takes prompt decisions related to challenges and issues of own unit to ensure continued effectiveness of own unit
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and own business plan and impact the efficiency and effectiveness of own unit
- Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, investigating all the facts
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally
- Clearly defines roles, responsibilities and team objectives
- Builds an environment that supports co-operation and cohesiveness among the work team; makes statements about common interest
- Listens to team members; trusts them and responds to their requests for help
- Manages the performance of business or technical support or production team
- Understands the need to be informed and makes effective use of information that is readily accessible or routinely distributed to develop the team's expertise
- Understands, applies and refers to standards
- Persuades team members / others in straightforward situations, adapting presentation to arouse interest
- Listens carefully and presents technical information clearly to team members
- Demonstrates comfortable level of oral and written English
Works as a professional engineer within the Technical Service Project Management team.
- Responsible for the design, planning and implementation of MPU winter and summer shutdowns.
- Executes other small technical projects in accordance with expected deliverables (quality, safety, finance, and timing).
- Leads all the technical activities to be performed during MPU technical shutdowns. The MPU shutdowns relate to planning integration of maintenance/C&M activities, externals and several new projects, execution to ensure timely hand-over to the production operations.
- Controls the shutdown executions: establishes design/quality/communication plans, prepares progress reports, follows the planning and ensure quick resolutions during project progress. Ensures that final decisions on main issues pertaining to technical matters, in close cooperation with the technical engineers.
- Leads several small projects simultaneously with the support of project engineers or contingents
- Respect current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as well as well GMP procedures
Documents deviations by integrating changes to calibration and requalification operations
Participates in the resolution of "non-conform" files
Resolved audit actions in relation with his/her knowledge scope
- Makes sure that EHS standards and policies are respected
- Participates to Project Review Board in order to integrate the projects in the MPU pipeline
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top