General Procurement Manager
• Execute global sourcing strategies for multiple spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global mindset and ensuring all applicable regional dimensions are accommodated
• Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and build an education & communication process for regional Procurement leads and business units
• Be the local expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Ensure financial benefits are managed in accordance with the Spend Management Framework approach, ensuring business unit and Finance agreement to financial value delivered and transparency on treatment of benefits in the budgeting process
• Create and deliver effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Build strategic relationships with local GSK stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly
• Influence key stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships
• Execute and manage effective contracts with suppliers that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure global views on supplier negotiations are taken
• Manage the local supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
• Ensure suitable processes and communication links exist between above country supplier organization structures and local & regional networks to ensure effective process and communication cascade through supplier and GSK network and geographies
Supply chain & risk management
• Transform the supply chain to release value and make GSK more responsive to business and customer needs - for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practice procurement and use of KPIs
• Identify and manage significant risks in the supply chain. Ensure appropriate mitigation plans are in place and in use and that the risks are communicated appropriately within business units impacted, Procurement and the supply base
Minimum Level of Education
Degree level eg BA, BSc
Area of Specialisation
Specialist educational disciplines not essential
Japanese Fluent (inc. reading, writing)
English Business level
Preferred Level of Education
MBA, MCIPS (or US/International equivalents)
Area of Specialisation
Marketing, Procurement, Consulting
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top