Future Leaders Programme, Engineering
- Academic qualifications – Applicants must have completed their undergraduate or graduate degree between 2015 and 2017.
- University Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering
- Computer skills: Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, SAP
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Flexibility in terms of location
- Eligible for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation in Ontario
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing or Packaging is an asset.
- An understanding of Automation and Control System Engineering is an asset.
- Experience resolving issues and troubleshooting
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world-leading pharmaceutical company with a mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We employ 100,000 people in over 115 countries, and our work covers three main areas: Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
What will the programme be like?
The Future Leaders Programme suits graduates who want a career with real purpose. It's an accelerated development programme that equips graduates with the knowledge, skills and attributes to move quickly into senior positions at GSK. Participants benefit from a rich variety of structured training, individual mentoring, and opportunities to experience different aspects of the business. From the start, our challenging rotations will help you deliver the standards of excellence that we'd expect from a future leader.
What do I need to succeed?
Our Future Leaders need ambition, commercial awareness and a self-motivated, proactive approach. We're looking for clear, effective communicators who can quickly build a rapport with a wide range of people. It's also important that you can adapt to change and keep focused when the pressure is on. While you have the drive and confidence to trust your own judgement, you're a real team player who actively collaborates with others. In addition, you'll need an analytical mind, a talent for multi-tasking and the ability to influence others.
Essential Programme Criteria
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme that you are applying to and that you provide this information accurately. Please note that if you do not meet the essential requirements of the programme, you may receive an automatic response, declining your application.
As part of our selection process we may ask you to complete between one and three online assessments. You will receive an email from us with a link to a personalised 'my assessment' homepage where you can access your first assessment. Please note, you will be given 72 hours from receipt of this email to complete your first assessment. If you don't complete the assessment within 72 hours, it will expire and your participation in our selection process will come to an end.
We would like to advise you to review your email daily to check whether you have been sent your first assessment.
Timeline & Assessment Process
Our robust recruitment process includes online application, online testing, telephone/video/face to face interview and assessment centre.
Applications open on August 14, 2017 and close on September 22, 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted.
It is expected that our Assessment Centres will run on Thursday, October 19, 2017.
- Rotate in engineering and maintenance departments to understand and learn engineering processes, standards and procedures, policies, quality, compliance and EHS fundamentals.
- Support and propose preventive maintenance strategies to ensure the reliability of critical plant and production equipment.
- Develop and recommend improvements, design changes or modifications to automation/mechanical systems, equipment or procedures.
- Develop technical specifications for maintenance repairs and replacements involving rotating and stationary equipment.
- Create and lead improvement procedures generated by various sources: CAPA, BMS alarms, plant recovery forms.
- Provide technical support for capital improvement projects and manufacturing or packaging equipment upgrades.
- Support engineering groups to resolve reoccurring issues, deviations and incidents.
- Maintain and complete equipment records and documentation related to tests, maintenance, modifications and repairs.
- Identify opportunities for improving Manufacturing and Packaging productivity, while reducing waste and cost.
- Support equipment validation and lifecycle management to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top