Future Leaders Program - US Pharmaceuticals Division-Commercial
BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university with a graduation date between December 2015 and August 2017
- Preferred Majors in business, public policy, or health care related disciplines. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US permanently
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA
- Able to relocate and travel domestically as required for the role
- Valid US drivers license and clean driving record
- Previous work experience in commercial functions (sales, marketing, operations, analytics) or healthcare functions (e.g. nursing)
- Prior work experience in a matrix environment to align key internal stakeholders to solve complex challenges and deliver optimal business outcomes
- Experience leading, coaching or developing people
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategy to a successful outcome
- Ability to comprehend complex products of a scientific nature, as well as mastering technical knowledge
- Excellent communication, interpersonal influencing and leadership skills
- Proven ability to quickly learn new skills and concepts and apply those skills and concepts effectively
- Demonstrated ability to use analytical thinking to conceptualize business situations
This is an at-will employment opportunity and development program. The development program is designed to be rotational, with three rotations over three years. Presently we anticipate the rotations to follow a general time line: sales rotation for approximately 18 months, followed by two additional rotations of 12 months, and 6 months, in various pharmaceutical division functions to build capabilities toward commercial leadership. The anticipated rotations are not a guarantee of a term of employment for any period.
- You will be required to pass all required training and certifications for your role, and relocate for the rotations as necessary.
- During the program, you will be supported with a structured development program, including formal leadership, knowledge and skills training, along with a Mentor, a Line Manager and Program Manager, and your program "Buddy".
- Near the completion of the program, the program office will work to assist all successful Associates with transitioning into an appropriate and challenging opportunity for you to continue your career at GSK.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment. The business comprises three types of products: prescription medicines, vaccines, and consumer health care products. GSK's mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is headquartered in the UK with operations based in the U.S.
GlaxoSmithKline is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - and we are proudly committed to diversity in our workforce.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top