Future Leaders Program - R&D Product Development & Supply - Formulation Scientist
- Completion of a PhD (3.0 GPA or better) by end of 2017 in pharmaceutical, bio or chemical sciences or chemical or biomedical engineering with an emphasis on the development of injectable formulations and, in particular, long acting parenterals
- Possess no more than 3 years of total professional experience in related pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industries
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute work plans
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status.
- An understanding of the physicochemical properties of candidate drug molecules that impact development of parenteral drug products
- An understanding of ways to control and manipulate in vivo release rates upon parenteral administration
- Laboratory and/or manufacturing experience, in a university or industrial setting, especially in the context of sterile drug product development
This exciting new role is part of the Product Development and Supply Future Leaders Program based at a Philadelphia area site.
As a Formulation Scientist at GSK, you will:
- Develop and conduct test protocols to determine the performance of long acting injectable technologies
- Interpret and use PK-PD and other in vivo or in vitro data to create a model to predict and optimise drug delivery from prototype long-acting injectable formulations
- Use this model to assess the potential for optimization of drug delivery through long-acting injectables demonstrating understanding of the formulation, processing and design of the technology
- Demonstrate innovative and independent problem-solving capability when required, with balanced consideration of technical limitations
- Demonstrate competence in the areas of processing, integrating and presenting datasets to inform key decision makers
- Work with project teams to develop and supply materials for pre clinical and human testing
- Demonstrate an understanding of the literature in your area of technical competency
- Actively communicate promising ideas/technologies
- Contribute to detailed review of different technologies to identify key applications/design/process/risks /weaknesses/opportunities/threats
- Develop a working understanding of the product development process so that you can effectively operate in the broader matrix team
- Prepare development reports and participate in preparing regulatory documents
Science is the bedrock of our success and our scientists are among the world leaders in their fields. If you join the GSK R&D Product Development Future Leaders Program, you’ll be part of a network that enables us to register and launch three to five new medicines each year.
Participants in the Product Development Future Leaders Program will be full-time, permanent employees at GSK and will enjoy the same competitive package of salary and benefits as other new starters. In addition, participants will undertake three rotations over three years at the start of their career. These rotations will give participants technical capability across three separate areas of Product Development and allied disciplines.
Participants will meet regularly with their line manager to identify learning and development opportunities. Participants will be given coaching and mentoring to enable them to become a technical leader of the future.
Part of a vibrant, global scientific community, you’ll work in teams that combine a mix of disciplines. We’re at the cutting edge of science and technology, so you’ll never be far from an expert who can help you to learn, grow, and contribute to our business.
You will use the knowledge and experience you gain in this role to become a potential future leader in GSK.
We offer a competitive total compensation package, as well as an environment conducive to personal and professional growth. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Supply Planning Analyst
Christie works in supply chain operations to manage supplier relationships for a facility that manufactures biopharmaceutical products. She handles logistics to meet production demands for commercial drugs.
Back to top