Future Leaders Program - R&D Product Development & Supply - Bioassets Scientist
- Completion of a Masters (3.0 GPA or better) by end of 2017 in biology, biochemistry, drug discovery or related field
- Possess no more than 3 years of total professional experience in related pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industries
- Experience with biological science laboratory methods, including tissue culture and drug discovery (e.g. cellular screening)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute work plans, including experimental design
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status.
Completion of a PhD by 2017 in biology, biochemistry, drug discovery or related field
- Experience with primary and iPS cell culture, as well as iPS differentiation techniques
- Experience implementing laboratory technologies, including automation/robotics
This exciting new role is part of the Product Development and Supply Future Leaders Program based at a Philadelphia area site.
As a bioassets scientist at GSK, you will:
- Develop and implement laboratory processes and technology that supports the modernization of drug discovery, especially in the areas of phenotypic/patient cell-based screening, and embed these in the biological sample management capability portfolio. To that end, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the BioAssets discovery sample management operation and how it supports drug discovery
- Develop a working understanding of the drug discovery process so that you can effectively operate in the broader matrix team.
- Provide leadership and contribute to detailed review of different technologies to identify key applications/design/process/risks /weaknesses/opportunities/threats
- Perform laboratory experiments and processes to test and implement new biological materials for discovery (e.g. differentiating iPS, automating cell culture processes, automated cell separation, culturing cells from primary tissue samples)
- Develop and maintain current awareness of developing trends in the use of disease-state, primary or engineered biological materials and automation in drug discovery by journal review, presentations, publications and other external networking
- Contribute to defining strategies and plans to continually improve discovery biological sample support capability
- Provide input to budget decisions, recommend capital purchases of software and equipment required to support modernization
Science is the bedrock of our success and our scientists are among the world leaders in their fields. If you join the GSK R&D Product Development Future Leaders Program, you’ll be part of a network that enables us to register and launch three to five new medicines each year.
Participants in the Product Development Future Leaders Program will be full-time, permanent employees at GSK and will enjoy the same competitive package of salary and benefits as other new starters. In addition, participants will undertake three rotations over three years at the start of their career. These rotations will give participants technical capability across three separate areas of Product Development and allied disciplines.
Participants will meet regularly with their line manager to identify learning and development opportunities. Participants will be given coaching and mentoring to enable them to become a technical leader of the future.
Part of a vibrant, global scientific community, you’ll work in teams that combine a mix of disciplines. We’re at the cutting edge of science and technology, so you’ll never be far from an expert who can help you to learn, grow, and contribute to our business.
You will use the knowledge and experience you gain in this role to become a potential future leader in GSK.
We offer a competitive total compensation package, as well as an environment conducive to personal and professional growth. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Supply Planning Analyst
Christie works in supply chain operations to manage supplier relationships for a facility that manufactures biopharmaceutical products. She handles logistics to meet production demands for commercial drugs.
Back to top