Future Leaders Program - Business & Technology Consulting - Pharma IT
• BS or higher-level degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or other related major
• Less than 2 years of work experience upon graduation of a Bachelors or Masters degree
• Graduation by Spring 2017
• Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
• 3.0 GPA or above
• IT-related work experience (e.g. internship/co-op assignments)
• Masters degree in IT related disciplines
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company with a powerful combination of skills and resources that provides a platform for delivering strong growth in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment. The company is the second-largest drug company in the world, with an estimated 5.3% share of the world’s pharmaceutical market. The business comprises three types of products: prescription medicine pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. GSK’s mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK is headquartered in the UK with operations based in the U.S.
The aim of the Business and Technology Consultant role within the Future Leader Program in IT is to provide a framework of opportunities and experiences for high-caliber graduates so that they can make quality and timely contributions to GSK IT.
Over the course of three years, associates will be assigned to different functional areas within IT. They will also have the opportunity, during the second rotation, to take on a role outside of IT to obtain a wider breadth of experience. Throughout the program, they will learn the ins and outs of business processes and the strategies behind delivering key solutions to support business operations. The associate will work within the Application Support, Project Delivery and Business Process Partnering streams, taking on such roles as project manager, business analyst or support analyst. Additional areas of support are in strategy and architecture, business process improvement, and/or service management. Associates will work in at least two IT business units (e.g. Research and Development IT, US Pharmaceuticals IT, End User and Infrastructure Services), which will provide an understanding of the similarities and differences in IT within the business areas and hone leadership skills such as influencing, relationship building, negotiation and knowledge expertise driving for success.
Following completion of the program, the associate will exit into a full-time role in an IT department, based on the needs of the organization and past performance of the associate.
Sample of Activities during Job Assignments (Rotations):
• Performing business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
• Designing, developing and supporting software solutions
• Managing project and software quality, including testing and validation
• Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
• Managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
• Preparing technical documentation
• Interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
• Identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
To be successful in the program, an associate needs to possess the following core competencies:
• Technical aptitude
• Relationship building
• Influencing drive for success
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Effective communication
• Confidence and can-do attitude
• Continuous improvement
• Flexible thinking and problem solving
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top