- Proficient understanding of current and future pharmaceutical market drivers, competitive environment, and treatment algorithms across a range of disease areas.
- Proficient understanding of GSK product strategies and organizational dynamics and how they impact on the forecast process.
- Proficient competence in pharmaceutical forecasting. Proficient using Rx and other secondary audits, and epidemiology databases to develop forecasts.
- Proficient in use of forecasting and model building software.
- Proficient in identifying, applying and adapting analogs, benchmarks and order of entry models.
- In-house consultant in therapeutic/customer, analytical/statistical, aspects of forecasting.
- Oncology experience desired but not required.
- Three years experience desired but will consider exceptional candidates with less experience.
Purpose: Creates forecasts for new products, line extensions, co-promotion, and in-license opportunities across multiple therapeutic areas. Forecasts drive Senior Management strategic planning, resource investment, and production planning decisions.
- Insures accuracy and methodological appropriateness of forecasts.
- Insures that forecasts address the impact of critical events, are logically designed and well documented, and represent consensus decision making among key stakeholders.
- Insures timely completion of regularly scheduled and ad hoc deliverables. Regularly scheduled deliverables include
- Annual Portfolio Review Forecasts
- Annual Strategic Plan Forecasts with Templates
- Quarterly Financial Forecasts
- Monthly Demand (Consensus) Forecast by SKU for Manufacturing planning
- Monthly Trade Inventory assessment
- Quarterly National Level Field Incentive targets
- Understands forecast key sales drivers, risks and opportunities. Keeps abreast of pharmaceutical industry, therapeutic area, and internal GSK developments, which could impact on forecast drivers.
- Presents forecasts to internal customers, including VP Marketing, and Business Unit Heads, using effective oral, written, presentation, and data analysis skills.
- Develops effective working relationships and regular productive communication with business partners/stakeholders: Brand management, Analytics, Finance, GMS, Business Development, and Global/Corporate.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends most appropriate techniques to use for developing a forecast– epidemiology, demand study, or analog based.
- Evaluates and recommends most appropriate sources for forecast model inputs, including epidemiology sources, prescription and prescriber databases, primary and secondary research, and scientific literature.
- Guides the design of required market research studies to validate forecast assumptions, architecture, and patient populations in a given disease area.
- Identifies, analyzes, applies and adopts a variety of analogs, benchmarks and order of entry models to formulate forecast assumptions.
- Contributes ad-hoc projects to provide strategic insights to product management and/or sales forecasting.
- Evaluates forecasts developed by Global Business and Commercial Analysis for GSK pipeline compounds and in-licensing candidates for the US region.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top