FLL Production Engineering-1
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led healthcare company, with a proud history in Australia dating back to 1886. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
At the Ermington manufacturing site we have produced Panadol for many years – one of the top 5 most trusted and one of the 50 most desirable brands in Australia. We're very proud of our success and heritage.
In November 2016 we announced the closure of our GMS Sydney manufacturing site in 2020. The closure will be phased over the next four years as production is gradually transferred to a combination of other GSK sites and third-party manufacturers. It is anticipated the closure will be complete in 2020.
Due to an internal promotion an opportunity is available for a First Line Leader- Engineering (day shift) this role is approximately an 18 month fixed term contract with possible extension, this is dependent on business demand.
You will be an engaging leader who can drive performance and results, with a background in electrical and automation systems. Your ability to problem solve quickly along with exceptional communications skills will be instrumental in your success.
You will be part of a Global Organisation, and within GMS you will be joining a team and culture where investment is made into training and development and the opportunity for continual learning is encouraged and developed.
- People Leadership, in line with the site's EBA and GSK policies, for a team of staff working within a GMP production and engineering environment
- Lead, coach and develop teams on shift to ensure adherence to standards for safety, quality, compliance and output
- Collaboratively work with your team to continuously improve the capability of individuals and the overall team to increase their performance towards targets
- Engage and inspire staff in the future targets by sharing the vision, area objectives
- Set target conditions and drive the delivery of these, to achieve improvements in performance to meet targeted future state
- Lead performance management process within area, ensuring accurate and timely data is used to solve top issues
- Identify issues in real‐time and lead problem solving with your team to create sustainable resolutions. Use and champion the GPS problem solving process line‐side, with staff and necessary Support Functions
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience in manufacturing, FMCG or large scale production environment
- Experience working within regulatory and compliance requirements
- General leadership, particularly influencing, coaching and driving performance through others
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering (mechanical or electrical)
- Working knowledge of GMP- preferred
- Experience working within Pharmaceutical, FMCG in manufacturing is desirable
Your ability to lead from the front-line along with a sense of drive and urgency will ensure you feel comfortable working in a high performing and highly regulated environment. In return we can offer an expansive network of experience that will assist in your development and career.
Please note – GSK manages recruitment directly and applications via third party agencies will not be accepted.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top