First Line Sales Manager- Queensland
GlaxoSmithKline is a global research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare company. GSK is bound by a global promise to keep patients' interests at the heart of everything we do.
We are committed to driving innovation and best practice in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, leading with ethical approaches to all our activities, access to medicines and reinvestment into the communities we operate in.
As an innovative pharmaceutical company we rely on experts within our teams who come from a wide range of backgrounds working together towards our mission to help people feel better, do more and live longer.
A rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Sales Leader to lead our successful Queensland based Primary Care sales team covering areas of Brisbane South, Toowoomba and Ipswich. Naturally a key focus of this role will be to create a high- performance culture which develops, motivates and inspires the sales team to execute strategy and outperform the competition keeping the interests of the patient at the heart of everything we do.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership, coaching, in field support, guidance and operational direction to a team of GP Medical Representatives
- Motivating and inspiring the team to consistently be their best by keeping them connected with the broader organisation, celebrating success and ensuring high performers are valued and recognised
- Developing and executing a district business plan that is aligned to brand strategy and tactical objectives. Identifying and diagnosing under-performance early and putting in place time-based performance plans
- Providing a consistent, science led and value added service for GP that supports best treatment outcomes for patients
- Driving a culture of sales excellence delivering demonstrable improvements in call quality
- Developing and maintaining relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Previous experience and demonstrated success in leading a remote based field sales team preferably within the pharmaceutical, healthcare or a related industry
- Thorough understanding of the primary healthcare environment
- Coaching skills with a passion for developing people
- A solid grasp of sales excellence principles and a track record for driving continuous improvement
- Strong levels of commercial and financial acumen with proven experience in a complex, matrix environment
- Excellent business partnering influencing skills and ability to work across boundaries with a broad range of cross functional stakeholders
- A degree or post graduate qualification in science, health or a related field
Most of all you will be a passionate and inspiring leader, have strong commercial acumen and entrepreneurial spirit with a focus on putting the patient at the heart of everything you do.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role using the link provided below.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top