First Line Sales Leader for East Malaysia
Recruiter required to update
RECRUITER TO UPDATE
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK's pharmaceutical products cover vaccines and major therapeutic areas such as anti-infectives, central nervous system (CNS), respiratory and gastro-intestinal and oncology.
We are currently recruiting for a First Line Sales Leader who will be responsible for planning and driving performance for GSK Pharmaceutical in Sabah and Sarawak (herewith referred to as East Malaysia) and developing their sales team.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market and business strategies for the GSK Pharma portfolios, market dynamics, healthcare landscape and the impact it has on the business territory.
- Provide insights and market intelligence from the territory, opportunities and direction to key internal stakeholders to support the development of a robust and effective business/tactical plan.
- Ensure superior execution of the operational plan, by translating strategy into territory specific goals, objectives and business plan. Enable the sales team to fulfill strategic brand and non-brand objectives as defined by the organization.
- Field work should focus on assessing customer and field needs, reviewing objectives, coaching, and performance management.
- Build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Key Opinion Leaders in the territory).
- Review and update forecast for the supply of GSK products to the respective Zuellig Pharma warehouses in Sabah and Sarawak, on periodic basis
- Coach, mentor and develop direct and indirect team members to enhance individual skills and elevate overall team performance.
- BSc, BA preferably in Science field
- Proven track record in sales/key account management, in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with individuals in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. cross-functional) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top