Financial Controller Manufacturing Manager
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years' job related experience
- Working knowledge of French
- Requires high degree of interaction with different departments, ability to influence and to work in a matrix environment.
- Important to have good organisational skills and an ability to manage priorities while ensuring good service level
- Analytical / financial skills
- Strong mastery of Excel
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Assertive, pragmatic and good team spirit
- Job Purpose:
- Provide financial leadership, direction and focus to supported Manufacturing Units/Service Units to ensure financial targets are developed, monitored and delivered. Each Finance Partner supports min 2 units with an operating budget of 20-40 MEUR and 120-400 FTE each.
- Build a true business partnership as the Finance key point of contact with management teams and key stakeholders
- Ensure effective budget management and allocation of resources by timely and accurate reporting and providing insight in key drivers to ensure a maximum return on investment
- Work with the other Finance Partners in Belgium Operations to ensure consistent service and alignment to the MPUs/SPUs.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Drive to deliver the financial targets for the MPU/SPU whilst respecting the prioritization of Quality, Supply, Cost as well as GSK and Vaccines' strategies and priorities.
- Act as an enterprise leader in the leadership team giving strategic insights into business issues and decisions.
- Prepare and drive the financial part of the monthly Business Performance Review (BPR) providing information and input that supports decision making.
- Plan and drive the financial planning process in the MPU/SPU, challenging assumptions and ensuring a result aligned with objectives (Forecasts, Target setting and Budget).
- Participate in the preparation and running of the Supply Review Meeting to ensure finance input into the process as well as to track and monitor deviations in the declared capacity.
- Ensure the availability of monthly Opex information, Capex information, headcount information, production value reporting, write-off information and cost/dose data.
- Provide the MPU/SPU leadership with relevant analysis to support decision making and drive performance.
- Perform monthly and yearly closing and reporting activities
- Perform variance analysis to ensure master data accuracy and perform standard cost data collection and updates for the unit.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
The Finance Department is committed to make the most efficient use of all our financial resources. In addition to ensuring that, accounting practices support each department's specific needs. The team also makes sure that we remain fully compliant with public sector financial requirements. The department is also responsible for infrastructural logistics and the day-to-day running of site facilities.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top