Financial Compliance Manager (m/f)
For our finance team based in Munich we are looking for a Financial Compliance Manager (m/f).
Finance Compliance & Monitoring
• Financial Compliance: Definition (with Senior FD and Senior Finance Partner) and implementation of internal controls based on GSK's global internal control framework (ICFW) as well as beyond, rectification/remediation of local finance related issues captured in incident log or in internal audit reports, update and development of local ICS policy and performance of relevant trainings
• Cooperate with Global Finance Risk Management and Controls Center of Excellence, BSC and ERP Risk Management and Compliance Functions as well as external Finance Service Providers agree on efficient, succinct and clear allocation of Financial Compliance requirements and procedures along the Finance Accounting and Reporting Chain
• Ensure alignment and standardization of controls and related procedures across the business sectors Pharma and Consumer
• Verify and monitor the monthly key controls process
• Continously capture reported control issues, control failures or other incidents (incident log) and track of implementation of corrective actions and controls
• Consultation Function for all Finance staff in terms of controls implementation.
• Take initiative where required to adapt the local control framework to changed systems environment and business processes
• Coordinate annual audit and liaise with Audit Community (External and Internal) to agree on local application and amendment of relevant controls not only for group audit but also for statutory audit purposes.
• Perform SOX and Non-SOX control testing for Germany Pharma Market and Consumer Healthcare DACH Markets
• Key Point of Contact for all Corporate SOX related requirements (incl. local SOX scoping and revalidation)
• Drive and facilitate the quarterly risk review for the Finance Department
• Steer and coordinate specific Finance Compliance projects e.g. related to benefits in kind
• Bringing best and state of the art practices into organization, deploy organization-wide change projects.
• Developing seamless controls and governance cooperation with Business Service Centre, Genpact and Global Finance Risk Management and Controls Center of Excellence
• Support all Finance staff in the set-up and efficient performance of key controls
• Link and cooperate with the Local General Compliance Officers and Legal Department to ensure an Integrated Control Framework and aligned policies in the business.
• Build up and further develop network of Finance Compliance Champions across Europe
• University degree and/or accounting qualification
• Experience in Financial Audit preferably with international accounting firm
• Experience of SOX, Financial controls in a matrix environment desirable (e.g. statutory accounting, tax, treasury and shared services).
• Proactive risk manager (stewardship at established or role model level).
• Combines Commercial business knowledge with accounting and governance requirements. In depth knowledge of GSK accounting policies and processes.
• Ability to lead and influence people in times of significant change (catalyst for change at established level)
• Stewardship and governance to protect data integrity and correct accounting
• Challenges and questions how things are done to drive for results (established level) and provides range of options (emerging or established level)
• Ability to influence key stakeholders in a complex, multi-cultural environment. Collaboration and networking (driving partnership at role model level)
• Good presentation and communication skills (at established level)
Please see Basic Qualifications
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top