Financial Analyst (FP&A), 1 Year Contract
Please note, this posting is a contract role for 12 months
- Customer / Patient Focused.
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Business or equivalent relevant experience.
- A minimum of 2-5 years' experience in financial planning, reporting and/or forecasting.
- High attention to detail and critical thinking to complete financial modelling and analysis.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, and keep projects on track to meet deadlines.
- A self-starter that can work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence stakeholders as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Technically savvy and confident with learning new systems.
- Experience with ERP (SAP), and Business Intelligence (BI).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Power Point.
- Accounting/Finance qualification (CPA/ACCA or equivalent), or in process, is preferred.
- Formal accounting and financial reporting/analysis is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
Do more, Feel Better, Live Longer!
RESPECT – TRANSPARENCY – INTEGRITY – PATIENT FOCUS
GSK journey begins and ends with our vision: Focusing where the patient need is greatest and the science is most fertile, we will work to accelerate delivery of innovative new products to patients and make decisions
to drive the greatest benefit for all. Our healthcare solutions will enable people to live life to its fullest, allowing them and their communities to prosper. We will challenge ourselves to raise the bar – endeavoring to increase our commercial return, enhance scientific excellence, strengthen customer relationships, tell our story and positively impact our communities. Applying our values to make the right choice, the right decision. Always keeping the patient at the heart of our actions and decisions.
The role is accountable to provide financial planning and forecasting support and analysis for the Canadian Pharmaceutical Financial Control team and Finance Partners.
- Work closely with the Global Shared Service teams and ERP Super users in support of ERP (SAP) implementation, incl. Record to Report (R2R), Procure to Pay (P2P) and Travel and Entertainment (T&E) support.
- Support the consensus forecasting and planning process – including but not limited to mid-month forecasting, revenue recognition analysis and modelling, validation of forecasting inputs and assistance in senior management presentation preparation.
- Support monthly and ad hoc Corporate financial submissions.
- Support month end reporting and management presentation decks.
- Prepare financial models for P&L's and other financial statements.
- Support the month end process (journal entries, accruals, variance analysis).
- Support Financial Controller in preparation of trade channel analysis.
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at [email protected]
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top