Embedded finance support is the primary Finance interface to the business, aligned to the business, thereby maximising the ability to build relationships. Scope includes decision support, simplification, financial management, and governance
• Compliance/ SarBox / ICFW co-ordination
• Capital Reporting
• Royalty and Inter - Company reporting
• Responsible for delivery of R&D, Tech Dev & Above site accounting & reporting processes, in conjunction with Genpact, FS/ICSS, SMAS and Business Partners as appropriate
• Resolution of issues arising in accounting processes in conjunction with Above Site Finance Teams and Site business partners to ensure new Finance operating model embedded and functioning effectively
• Ensuring that all relevant R&D & Above Site accounting activities are carried out in a robust and efficient manner and delivered to Site Business Partners to agreed timelines
• IDA/CSO/Customs/ R&D tax credit
• Continuous improvement of processes and drive for excellence in retained accounting processes, and in service delivered to site customers.
High Performance Behaviours
Demonstrate ability to challenge other's thinking in terms of improving ways of working and performance. Being able to set up processes and encourage others to create multiple options.
Being able to understand and state different perspectives.
Taking personal responsibility for supporting others and the sites goals.
Thinking of new ways to improve performance in Finance and the support of R&D, Technical Development and other areas as appropriate.
Enable & Drive Change
Demonstrate ability to challenge with senior staff on site and above site.
Demonstrate ability to strip away unnecessary bureaucracy.
Be able to strive in a culture of can-do attitude.
Design and implement plans and be accountable for delivery of 3/1 Plan, Forecasts and monthly reporting etc.
Working hard to build trust and relationships with our customers and take specific action to raise value to customers by excelling in meeting customer requests
Being open and honest when giving their views. Being able to see things through the eyes of others and non judgmental about understanding the views of others. Build effective relationships with on site and above site customers and stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating, and influencing skills. Ability to deal with and communicate to customers and above-site teams and to interface with the appropriate external regulatory and inspection authorities.
• Ability to represent the site and interface effectively with third party customers
• Good facilitation and presentation skills.
• Good understanding of cross functional ways of working.
• Knowledge of the application of Lean principles
• Strong project management and problem solving skills.
• High degree of data rationality.
• Logical thinking and attention to detail.
• Leads by good example and is a completer/finisher
• Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Understand the training related requirements to satisfy ABAC and A&A audits.
• Organizational skill, including ability to follow assignments through to completion.
Scope of Responsibility • Deliver & Perform specific accounting processes assigned to site following outsourcing of accounting activities to Genpact, ICSS and SMAS. Specific Processes include:
• Responsible for all above site reporting & consolidation (including GMS, R&D & OE Reporting).
• Partner with teams to deliver ongoing support identifying key risks and opportunities.
• Liaise directly with site & finance teams for reporting of above site groups.
• Responsible for review of balance sheets accounts - GRNI etc.
• Support Financial Audits & Sarbanes Oxley audits.
• Taxation: Support reporting of all taxation accounting and R&D tax credits
• Support co-ordination of tax information for prelim and final tax returns with FS.
• Responsible for submitting grants claims for R&D tax credit
• Statutory Reporting: Support coordination of financial statutory returns with auditors and ensures compliance with appropriate international accounting standards (IFRS/UK GAAP). Completion of Entity forecast liaising across business functions with FS.
• Ensure activities as per Finance RACI are completed
• Perform management accounting processes as assigned in line with standard work and agreed ways of working and processes to deliver outputs to Business Partner customers in line with agreed timelines and SLA
• Communication and liaison with Site business partners, and Above Site Finance as appropriate.
• To manage own time appropriately to ensure assigned processes are performed and deliver in line with agreed timelines, and according to standard work approach
• To actively support the culture of continuous improvement, driving for standardisation and improved performance.
• To operate according to agreed processes and in compliance with GSK policies and procedures.
• Act as backfill for other site based Finance roles, when required
• Ad hoc duties as required by Finance Director
Decision making Responsibility Complexity:
• Work independently within scope of position. Guidance on new assignments/duties is directional, relying on individual work / technical experience to complete tasks accurately and effectively.
• Understanding of issues and business at sites to engage effectively with site management.
• Engage people outside Site Finance to accomplish tasks, including Genpact, site management, GMS and Corporate finance.
• Drive to process understanding excellence of assigned processes.
• Participate in and deliver process improvement and other projects within and outside of Finance group as appropriate and requested by Site Finance.
• Delivery of agreed objectives for area of responsibility, building positive relationships to influence and execute change.
• Support Finance Director to manage and deliver effectively in climate of change and cost pressure.
• Managing the balance between Site, R&D, Site Finance and Above Site Finance priorities
• Balancing the needs of numerous customer groups and consistently delivering a high standard of service
• Managing peaks and troughs of workload, supporting other Finance team members as appropriate, working under pressure, driving for improvement.
Problem Solving Demonstrate ability to use OE tools to solve problems in the processes and to remove unnecessary bureaucracy
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities
Scope of Responsibilities • Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP's, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements
• Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures applicable to role
• Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your line manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor.
• Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards.
• Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS issues
Scope of Responsibilities • Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements.
• Participate fully in our site's quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to.
• Maintain GMP standards where appropriate to your role
• Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality applicable to role
• Management Policies relevant to your job role.
• Attend training and complete assessments as required.
People Management Responsibility
Scope of Responsibility The following roles will report into this role: N/A
Basic Education An accredited qualification in business studies, commerce, business information systems.
Preferred Education • Qualified Accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
• Aptitude in attributes of successful finance partnering capabilities:
o Being Enterprise Minded
o Driving Partnership
o Communicating for Results
o Option Analysis & Decision Making
o Questioning & Challenging
o Catalyst for Change
• Familiar with Operational Excellence tools, techniques and mindset.
• Able to effectively manage time against agreed deadlines for activities.
• Expert level PC skills, fluent in MERPs, with experience of GSK financial systems such as Bison, Cognos, IPT and Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong analytical and problem skills, used with judgment, to deal with complex problems that may arise.
• Good communicator, confident in interacting with all levels of individuals across a variety of internal and external organisations.
• Flexibility and 'can do' attitude, drive to ensure that task is achieved
• Team working skills are paramount in enabling the jobholder to function effectively, to provide and receive support within small team of colleagues.
Preferred Experience 2/3 years - Ideal for a newly qualified accountant with an interest to getting industry experience.
On job description
On job description
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top