Leadership to the Business
• Provide financial leadership in specific areas of the Italy pharmaceutical business to deliver its results (sales, operating profit). Partner with the Commercial Managers to identify and optimize value creation.
• Support the business in preparation and determination of business goals strategies and tactics and providing additional insights to analyze performance gaps
• Play a key role in defining the three-year budget, related assumptions and risk & opportunities. Clearly identify deviations vs. objectives and become a critical agent to prevent and offset those.
• Participate and influence the core commercial cycle process and fully understand the volume/value dynamics of its specific areas towards improvement of forecast accuracy. Understand pricing, discounts and product allocation to maximize market share.
• Support, advice and partner with all Departments in the decision-making process to achieve targets and proper use of resources/investments.
• Ensure new launches deliver the required return.
• Financial contribution to business development initiatives local or regional.
Risk Management and Controls
• Play an active decision-making role to ensure that results are optimized in accordance with ethical and group standards
• Proactive approach to risk management. Anticipate key business and compliance risks and escalate for support as needed
• Understand and help drive alignment on interdependencies locally (i.e. FP&R, Compliance, Legal) and regionally.
• Contribute to Finance Team action plan
• Promote sharing of best practices.
Business Degree and/or accounting qualification. Different degrees complemented with financial education, qualification and experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in finance roles
• Multinational or global locations are preferable
• Experience in pharmaceutical industry not compulsory
• Demonstrated change management, enterprise mindset and results delivery through strong leadership
• Experience technical finance partnering skills
• Networking skills to build strong collaborative relationships across all functions and business units
• Ability to influence commercial and finance partners in a complex, multi-cultural environment.
• Presentation and communication skills, including fluent written and oral English
• Risk Identification capabilities.
• Finance Partnering / Commercial controlling
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top