Finance Operations Lead Caricam
GSK Employees are known to Work Across Boundaries, by working within a multicultural and multifunctional team; always oriented to Inspire those around by not only Driving Performance but also creating a healthy and inclusive environment.
We are known to have a positive mindset and always Live by Our Values.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by not only improving the way we do business, but also impacting the way we Develop our own Capability and Talent.
As a member of this team YOU will be responsible for leading the In Country Shared Service Team in Caricam for the whole GSK group. This organization focuses on managing the in-country operated processes for Accounts Payable, T&E and T&S activities.
In addition, this role will support the In Country Shared Services Lead LATAM in the change of local processes to a standard Ways of Working across LATAM working connected with Business Service Center (BSC) Costa Rica and will lead the remaining finance back office activities and teams that will stay in market.
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these are:
- Has the authority to decide how the resources will be allotted in order to meet the goals.
- The employee must solve problems related to resource integration and work throughout different departments and functions.
- Be in charge of finance and accounting process at local level and keep track of large number of legislation.
- Be in charge of payroll operations decision working totally align with the Sr Finance Director.
Interpersonal Skills & Stakeholder Management
- Negotiation skills with Senior Finance Partners.
- Able to have influence in complex situations and to solve issues.
- Interactions with multiple stakeholders and customers at market, area and central functions level.
- Contribute to key projects and initiatives in their impact to the in-country finance operations, liaise with project and change management teams for multidisciplinary initiatives and coordinate and follow up on ICSS contributions accordingly .
We are looking for people/professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
- At least 8 years of experience in finance operations (accounts payable, accounts receivable, travel & expense, tax and statutory reporting, accounting, etc).
- 5 years of experience in supervisory roles
- Experience in project and change management.
- Experience working with Business Services Centers.
- Experience in Consumer or Pharmaceutical Companies.
- JDEdwards /SAP knowledge.
- MBA degree in business administration, accounting or a related field.
- Accounting/Finance background (CPA desired)
- Advance English Level is a must
Important: The role is open for Costa Rica as well, so the person can work from Costa Rica and travel 1 or 2 times per month to Panama
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer.
We research and develop a broad range of innovative products, such as vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products, including: Sensodyne, Cataflan/ Voltaren , Theraflu / Trimedal, Parodontax, Panadol, Polident and Otrivin.
In over 115 countries, GSK has a deep commitment to improving healthcare by developing innovative new medicines and widening access to them around the world. In over 300 years of history, we invest in innovation to help improve people's lives.
As a GSK employee you will get inspired by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
With a commitment, with integrity and respect for people you will work in a sustainable and healthy way, providing positive impacts on the community.
In our inclusive environment, you'll feel valued, motivated and able to realize your full potential.
Through your individual personal and professional development, at GSK you will achieve your career ambitions. You will count with all sorts of development initiatives such as Future Leaders Programmes, Leadership Development Programmes and our commitment to Coaching.
If you feel like this is your next career move, please apply up to 04/08/2017
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top