Finance Manager, Accounting Central Team
The purpose of this role is to define and deliver accounting and control for the US R&D Finance. The role works across R&D Finance, supporting the various teams across a broad range of situations. The role oversees the US R&D entity accounts and leads the interface with US external auditors. The role manages a team of 2 finance professionals.
Key responsibilities and tasks include:
• Lead and develop US team of 2 direct reports to ensure we have an engaged, motivated, well trained and committed team. .
• Participation on key R&D initiatives to ensure implementation adheres to accounting requirements whilst also delivering on the needs of the R&D business and wider GSK enterprise.
• Partner with Financial Services, to drive process and system improvements in line with the business needs of R&D Finance accounting and control, holding FS accountable for maintaining service quality and also provide a link to other corporate CoEs as needed.
• Support financial control and risk management processes - working across the US based Finance organization to coordinate all related activities, such as SARBOX cycle testing / walkthrough testing and other key elements of the Internal Control Framework.
• Support all data / systems reconciliation, root causing variances in a timely manner each month; ensuring quality data integrity by adhering to SARBOX and other financial controls.
• Responsible for providing financial variance analysis & commentary for US R&D entities for submission to Corporate.
• Manage US interface with external and internal auditors and SARBOX processes.
• Ensure that data integrity and financial controls remain intact following all business and system change programmes..
• Key participant in the relationship between R&D ACT and R&D Hyperion support team to monitor progress, review, endorse, propose, and sponsor business and IT projects and to ensure service quality is maintained.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Professional Finance Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or CPA).
• Strong post qualification experience, ideally in professional practice and/or industry.
• Strong knowledge of accounting standards and significant experience of their practical application to varied situations.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills, able to explain complex concepts to stakeholders in a simple and easily understandable way
• Strong people management and team leadership skills
• Demonstrable skills in process improvement and design
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to influence outside own team and across the organization
• Good organizational and prioritization skills with ability to respond positively to fluctuating workloads
• Proactive, self motivated and ability to manage conflicting priorities
• Proven ability to work under pressure and in an ever-changing environment.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top