Finance Business Partner
We are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner under the MERP-S Team. This role is responsible for the Management of the overall cost accounting functions and provision of financial advice and services to support the Plant management in meeting its financial goals.
• Develop, compute and set products standard costing and transfer prices for 3/1 plan.
• Provide cost analysis and financial advice relating to new products for pricing decision and to maximize product profitability.
• Provide financial support to capital investment evaluation to ensure maximum return and financial viability.
• Prepare and close monthly and annual accounts, liaise with external auditors and tax consultants to ensure compliance of statutory, corporate and GAAP requirements.
• Prepare monthly trading result, monitor and highlight performance deviations to the plant management i.e. price, volume and spending variances and recommend remedial actions to be taken ensuring achievement of budgeted financial targets.
• Coordinate and organize 3/1 budgeting and forecasting process for the Plant Division to ensure successful completion as per corporate guidelines.
• Manage the preparation of key financial data to corporate system i.e. IPT, Bison and Dashboard ensuring on time and accurate submission as per corporate deadlines and guidelines.
• Manage and maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory records of raw material, component, work-in-progress and finished goods, organize periodic physical stock count, to safeguard long term security of assets and the accurate record and valuation of inventory.
• Manage and control working capital i.e. debtors, creditors and stocks level to ensure optimum cash flow and minimum bad debts risk.
• Identify and execute cost saving opportunities to reduce cost and improve competitiveness.
• Continuously review and improve costing system and processes for enhanced efficiency and continuous improvement.
• Assist to deliver high quality and timely output to internal and external customers.
• Manage and oversee 3rd party warehouse contractors ensuring accurate billings and accurate maintenance of stock record. Provide support and control in all financial aspects to ensure good customer service to Commercial and minimum exposure in stocks related write off and expenses.
• To embrace GPS culture and to apply GPS tools in all aspects of work.
• Actively involved in the day-to-day finance activities and organizational support.
• Fostering teamwork within the department, encouraging work independence, continuous improvement and customer focus.
• Administer comprehensive financial functions within JDE and BPCS
• Review and highlight manufacturing variances to Site Finance Lead including Management and advise corrective steps to be taken ensuring financial and operation objectives are achieved.
• Review the accuracy of submission of monthly and quarterly financial commentaries, BISON, IPT and Dashboard within the deadlines performed by shared service
• Review and verification of payment vouchers.
• Implement and review periodic stock cycle count process, highlighting major variances and ensuring accurate reconciliation.
• Active involvement and execution in cost reduction initiative.
• Project evaluation, profitability analysis and follow-up on capital investment projects.
• Ensuring compliance with corporate accounting procedures and policies.
• Continuously review and improve costing systems and processes for better efficiency.
• Track and monitor weekly GMS performance metric wastage write-off's, Operational Expenditure, Recoveries
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant costing experience in manufacturing environment preferably in a supervisory role
• Open to 1 year contract role.
• Possess a Professional accounting qualification and should be an MIA member.
• Computer literate and experience in integrated computerized environment.
• Possess good working knowledge on company taxation.
• Possess strong leadership, good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high quality output.
• Possess certain degree of confidentiality.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top