Finance Business Partner
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
Criteria or Minimum Requirement for the candidate:
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Economy with Accounting subject, holding CIMA or ACCA certification would be an advantage.
- Have minimum 3 years experience in multinational company in finance area as financial controller, financial accounting and or finance business partner; or same year experience in Big 5 Audit Firm.
- Proficient of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word or other Window applications including its e-mail and Internet features; working knowledge in SAP would be preferred.
- Have good command of English
- Have good analytical skill.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skill.
In depth knowledge in business performance analysis, particularly in Pharmaceutical industry
Must have highly commercial ability to work with senior executives in a challenging environment.
Strong communicators, influencers, proactive to approach. Ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines
- Lead team in supporting the business unit in making informed commercial decisions by providing value added and insightful commercial financial support
- Providing commercial insights in cost management and control to reduce costs and drive business performance.
- Providing value added analysis of and commentary on business performance, trends and issues.
- Providing overall financial management of projects including budget preparation, benefits identification and delivery
- Challenge decision making (ex: forecast meeting, etc) & driving continuous improvement in business performance
- Understand monthly variances & reporting key drivers to management
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top