• Works as part of a team to support the life-cycle design, installation, qualification, validation, troubleshooting and optimization of facilities equipment.
• Diagnoses and repairs malfunctioning facilities equipment including GMP HVAC equipment (air handling units, ENVCs), ASRS (SRMs / cranes), Door Control Panels (DCP), EOAC, and conveyor systems), chillers, boilers and facilities electrical distribution installations in GMP areas.
• Maintains audit ready department ensuring documentation and data integrity.
• Ensures compliance through timely and accurate completion of preventive maintenance work-orders and supporting documentation.
• Participates in creating and revising Standard Operating Procedures and equipment knowledge assessment forms.
• Maintains awareness and expertise in facilities equipment design, optimization, and maintenance.
• Identifies efficiency gaps and provide solutions to support continuous improvement initiatives
• Maintains the hardware, software required to interface with all equipment, including various versions, and changing processes for easier troubleshooting and upgrades.
• Coordinates and supervises contractors while performing work on-site.
• Ensures EHS and compliance regulations are met.
• Trains coworkers on equipment maintenance and troubleshooting. Effectively conducts cross training and mentoring with the mechanics.
• Industrial Electrician Certificate of Qualification required
• Knowledge of production processes and equipment
• Proven technical competency in electrical and controls equipment design, optimization, and maintenance
• Strong problem solving skills
• Self-managed team player, adept at working with teams in a production environment
• Good leadership skills
• Availability for occasional shift work
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, experience with computerized maintenance management, e.g. M-ERPS/ SAP)
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top