Facilities Maintenance Tech
High School Diploma or Equivalent
1-3 years experience with a biopharmaceutical company
Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Production experience is a plus
Stationary Engineers License State of Maryland (Preferred)
Trade School Certifications Desired
Technicians will have increasing levels of responsibility as they move up in grade. Technicians are responsible for mechanical maintenance, service calls, and in-house repairs throughout the facility. They perform work in mechanical maintenance trades and perform routine equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. They also make periodic or special inspections of equipment to ensure operability and to determine necessary repairs. They may work from rough sketches and drawings.
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on some building utility systems.
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on some production equipment.
- Must work effectively with outside contractors.
- Works on assignments that are extremely complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Works and participates effectively in a team environment; within the department, with other departments, and with outside contractors.
- As required, will serve as the on call technician 24 hours a day for emergency situations that may arise.
- Requires supervision of outside contractors performing facility and equipment related services.
- Requires technician level operation of the M-ERP data base
- Other duties as assigned.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top