External Innovation Analyst
0-5 yrs relevant position (Financial analyst, Portfolio analyst, Project management, Business Analyst, Information Technology and or Scientist)
BS – Finance/Science
MBA highly preferred
This role will be reporting into the Portfolio & Project Management team and will support the Innovation leadership team by developing, maintaining and executing metrics programs and delivery strategies.
The individual will be responsible for driving consistent and coordinated R&D Innovation delivery metrics and communications, follow up and tracking of actions. This critical role will enable visibility and alignment of the key measures of success and Innovation Delivery resulting in strong links to all Category partners.
This role requires a high level of credibility, and strong interpersonal skills, in order to champion the role of coordinator and engagement with senior stakeholders. It will also need to have a good understanding of CH organization, project management (Server), portfolio management (CHIPs), time accounting (MyTime), and Finance.
As a key member of the External Innovation team and will be responsible for supporting the EI Lead and Category Directors. Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain $500M External Innovation budget and ensure team maintains spending with ongoing feedback to finance
- Ensure metric reporting of Innovation portfolio per Porfolio group oversight and maintain External Innovation Dashboard that will be delivered to SLT
- Operationalize Innovation portfolio ensuring project upload to CHIPS, metrics are reported, barriers are highlighted to Innovation LT, ensure rapid progress and effective decision making and ensure appropriate Governance is being applied to the projects.
- Ensure projects are appropriately captured in all internal GSK systems [.e. CHIPS/Server]
- Given significant influx of Gate 0 through Gate 1 projects, develop and own project-level business cases / financial analysis
- Maintain strong knowledge base of category dynamics and financial assumption to quickly turn around key business case analysis
2.External Innovation & Digital Relationship Support
- Support Category EI Directors and Lead with external & digital outreach and relationship building
- Maintain key strategic partnership contacts (Category, Digital lead, Bus. Dev., Legal, Procurement and Operations) and ensure appropriate documentation is in place
- Support the sourcing and evaluation of new digital innovation aligned with Category Strategy
- Drive and maintain compliance with all CDA agreements and alignment with Legal on Intellectual property
- Coordinate the Innovation LT, manage agendas, track decisions, demonstrate continuous improvement, ensure actions are completed
- Development of comprehensive, integrated, and multifaceted communication throughout Innovation leadership team
- Coordination and support of events such as All Hands sessions, Innovation Awards Program, Leadership meetings, and Crowd Sourcing Events
- Serve as key point person to work with outside agencies to promote and maintain the GSKCH Innovation website. Coordinate with outside agency next steps resulting from idea submissions through the website.
External Innovation Business Manager is a diverse and dynamic role that will require high level of strategic support across multiple categories and stakeholders. Ideal candidate must be self-starter who is passionate about driving results.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top