Exploratory Biomarker Assay Analyst
- BS in biochemistry, analytical chemistry or a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience OR a MS with 2 years of experience utilizing high resolution LC-MS instrumentation and methodologies for the characterization of target proteins as well as knowledge of immune-capture techniques
- Demonstrated, strong laboratory hands-on experience and theoretical understanding of high resolution mass spectrometry.
- Demonstrated, strong laboratory hands-on experience in bottom up mass spectrometry based protein characterization.
- PhD in biochemistry, analytical chemistry or related discipline
- Ability to maintains a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor and operational excellence
- Strong attention to detail and good communication and documentation skills
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude, excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team are essential
- Track record of handling multiple projects concurrently
- Willingness to develop and train others as required
Newly formed Exploratory Biomarker Assay group within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department is responsible for developing and validating biomarker assays for use in pre-clinical PK/PD/modeling studies and translation into the clinic in alignment with therapy area (TA) partners. Data from this group is a key component to understanding molecules in the GSK pipeline; and serves to enable studies to prove target engagement for novel mechanism of action and safety endpoints. These studies will be used to make early and informed decisions for asset progression within the organization.
This position will contribute to BIB efforts to deliver mass spectrometry based quantification of protein turnover (molecular flux) in various systems. Utilizing metabolic labeling coupled with high resolution mass spectrometric characterization we monitor incorporation of stable isotope label into the newly synthesized biopolymers enabling direct measure of protein fractional synthesis or molecular flux in vivo (e.g., synthesis, breakdown, transport, storage, etc.).
- Contribute to molecular flux biomarker assay development within BIB organization
- Be responsible for developing bespoke flux based biomarker assays to support pre-clinical and clinical studies; delivery of robust, high quality data packages and will demonstrate the ability to critique work to enable lead modalities to be smoothly progressed into clinical development
- Deliver, interpret and communicate complex scientific data to project/program teams in a timely manner by performing data analysis, record keeping and reporting of results to agreed timelines
- Understand and execute basic statistical analyses
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data to project teams
- Effectively manage multiple projects concurrently
- As required, develop and train others
- Successfully execute within a matrixed team with a balance of creative and analytical skills
- Handle human biological samples and perform experimental work in accordance with HBSM, safety and data integrity guidelines process is complete and grade is confirmed.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top