Expert Scientist - Monoclonal Antibodies
- PhD in Sciences or equivalent acquired through professional experience.
- At least 8 years of experience in Vaccines related domains.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in a specific area such as Immunology techniques (ELISA, WB,In Vivo Potency..), Chromatography by FPLC, Cell Culture, Biosensor technologies) e.g. through participation to seminars, peer-reviewed publications, …
- Fluent in spoken and written English both scientifically/technically as well as conversational. French and other language a definite plus....
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
The Technical Research & Development unit is currently recruiting an Expert Scientist to research and develop Monocolonal Antibodies. Is that person you? Please read on...
- You will be responsible for Biological discovery research within a major or significant disease area (e.g. Virology, Bacteriology, Parasitology, …) or/and a sub-specialty within the Biology discipline (e.g.: Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Pharmacology).
- You will be responsible for Monoclonal antibodies development related to vaccines. Primary responsibilities include the design, the planning, the organization, the analysis and the evaluation of Monoclonal antibodies development and In Vivo potency assays.
- You will co-ordinate projects and resources according to defined priorities.
- You will ensure scientifically correct and state of the art approaches, implements new and innovative technologies.
- You will define the experimental strategy in alignment with projects/business priorities.
- You will define scientific models and processes.
- You will ensure state of the art scientific/ technological development in line with R&D and GSK Vaccine's Strategy in the area of expertise.
- You will be recognized as an Expert in your domain (different projects/ technology) and act as a reference in your domain (internally and externally).
- You will actively participate and hold responsibility in Technical Development Team (TDT), as representative of his department.
- You will provide input and recommendations to DAP/TP and Project Teams in terms of complexity, development time, process cost, … to ensure the best approach in technology/methodology.
- You will prepare and write reports on program achievements and laboratory activities.
- You will lead and implement the respect of the GxP/EHS/QA rules application in your own team/lab.
- You will prioritize/align the activities in own team regarding the milestones of the department (unit). Resource planning (manpower/equipment, …).
- You will lead and ensure project/assay/process transfer to other departments with a complete documentation (SOP/Qualification report/process transfer documentation).
- Your responsibility will also present results and conclusions within GSK as well as to external audiences in a clear and accessible message.
- You will share know-how with others in your competency domain and proactively support others.
- You may supervise & lead team(s) of Technicians, Scientists/Associates Scientists.
- You also may initiate and manage external collaborations.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top