Expert Scientist Immunoassays & Electrophoresis
- Minimum of 5 years with Ph.D. or 12 years with M.S. of relevant experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in developing reagents and assays to quantitate host cell proteins (HCP).
- Experience with a variety of immunoassays and/or electrophoresis methods (such as ELISA, Biacore, Luminex, Capillary Electrophoresis, 1-D and 2-D gels and Blots, etc.)
- Experiences in assay development, qualification and tech transfer
- Exemplary leadership, communication, and problem solving skills
- Experience working in matrix environment with a good understanding of the cross-functional facets of development
- Background in proteomics, with experience running 2D DIGE and 2D Western Blotting
Within the Analytical Development organization, the Expert Scientist of Immunoassays & Electrophoresis will design and develop bioanalytical methods, support product and process development, develop and transfer release and stability assays for GMP testing for Phase 1 and Phase 2, according to Quality by Design principles in partnership with other Technical R&D functions, Quality and Regulatory.
- Develop Immunoassays & Electrophoresis methods according to Analytical Target Profiles
- Develop immunoassays for GMP release testing and transfer methods to GMP testing laboratories with compliance
- Provide analytical testing support for process development and serve as immunoassay and/or electrophoresis SME to project teams. Support process understanding
- Lead the characterization of clinical and commercial products using state-of-the-art immunological and electrophoresis technologies for analytics and data interpretation
- Serve as a SME and technical lead for Immunoassays or Electrophoresis-based assays. Proactively identify potential issues. Develop creative solutions to technical problems to meet project deliverables and milestones
- Write and review SOPs for analytical testing methods and development/qualification reports
- Present new findings at internal and external meetings. Collaborate with scientists from other functions
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top