Expert Scientist - Analytical Development for the Cellular Platform
- PhD in sciences or equivalent acquired through professional experience.
- At least 8 years of experience in vaccines related domain are a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in a specific area (Virology and Cell Biology, In-Vitro potency, protein expression, adventitious agents tests, immunotools, …) e.g. through participation to seminars, peer-reviewed publications, …
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English are a MUST both scientifically/technically as well as conversational.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and influential skills.
- Capacity to work in a complex matrix organisation as well as influence persons & stakeholders through direct and/or indirect management.
Please see "Basic Qualifications".
- Responsible for biological discovery research within a major or significant disease area (e.g. Virology, Bacteriology, Parasitology …) or/and a sub-specialty within the biology discipline (e.g.: Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Pharmacology)
- Responsible for Cellular Biology related vaccine development. Primary responsibilities include the design, the planning, the organization, the analysis and the evaluation of vaccines development for in-vitro assays.
- Co-ordinates projects and resources according to defined priorities.
- Ensure scientifically correct and state of the art approaches, implements new and innovative technologies.
- Defines the experimental strategy in alignment with projects/business priorities.
- Defines scientific models and processes.
- Ensure state of the art scientific/technological development in line with R&D and GSK Vaccines Strategy in the area of expertise.
- Is recognized as an Expert in his/her domain (different projects/technology) and acts as a reference in his/her domain (internally and externally).
- Actively participates and holds responsibility in Technical Development Team (TDT), as representative of his/her department.
- Provides input and recommendations to Drug Product (DP), Drug Substance (DS) and Project Teams in terms of complexity, development time, process cost … to ensure the best approach in technology/methodology.
- Prepares and write reports on program achievements and laboratory activities.
- Leads and implements the respect of the GxP/EHS/QA rules application in his/her own team/lab.
- Prioritize/aligns the activities in own team regarding the milestones of the department (unit). Resource planning (manpower/equipment …).
- Leads and ensures project/assay/process transfer to other departments with a complete documentation (SOP/Qualification report/process transfer documentation).
- Presents results and conclusions within GSK as well as to external audiences in a clear and accessible manner.
- Shares know-how with others in his/her competency domain and proactively supports others.
- May supervise team(s) of Technicians, Scientists/Associates Scientists.
- May initiate and manage external collaborations.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Patient-focused Research and Development (R&D) is the heart of our business. Our R&D department seeks to discover and develop new vaccines, to protect against diseases where vaccines are not yet available and to improve on those vaccines that already exist. Part of our R&D programme targets diseases particularly prevalent in the developing world, including the World Health Organisation's three priority diseases - HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Research into candidate vaccines for other diseases of the developing world, such as dengue are at an earlier stage of development.
When it comes to developing the vaccines of the future, we're looking for real experts in their respective fields who are interested in working in the stimulating environment of an international healthcare company.
We emphasise the value of teamwork and we look for people ready to share our values of transparency, respect, integrity and patient focus.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top