Ethics & Compliance Officer- West Africa
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Any accreditations in Governance, Ethics and Assurance
Job Description Summary-Through the successful implementation of GSK Internal Control Framework and compliance programs, this role will support Global Ethics and Compliance (GEC) strategy to ensure that the right product gets to the right patient or consumer in the right way. This role moreover supports GSK's mission to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
Specifically, the West Africa Country Ethics & Compliance Officer's responsibilities include:
- Ensuring effective compliance oversight of the West Africa French & English-speaking Rx businesses, focusing on the Commercial businesses, but also bridging across other support functions including Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Procurement, IT, Finance, etc., supporting the establishment of strong internal controls
- Supporting the West Africa General Manager for Rx to ensure compliant processes and solutions working with GEC and Business Unit leadership teams;
- Promoting a value based compliance culture through engagement communication and training initiatives;
- Supporting early and proactive identification and management of risks aligning with GSK's Risk Management process
Job Description-Working with GSK Pharma senior leaders across designated departments to lead the implementation of a values-based compliance program in West Africa and to promote a values-based culture in a way that supports GEC and Pharma strategies.
Partnering with Pharma senior business leaders to proactively identify, evaluate and manage risks, in accordance with Policy 500 and GSK internal control framework, in a way that enables sustainable business growth.
Advise the business on risks associated with emerging business strategies and provide pragmatic options for risk mitigation and management. Ensure that the West Africa based businesses have an effective risk management strategy that aligns with GSK's Risk Management methodology.
Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place in the West Africa businesses by independently assessing efficiency of the internal control framework. Provide insight, best practice, guidance and assurance to build, test and validate the robustness of these business controls. Support delivery of clear and integrated compliance solutions.
Driving accountability throughout West Africa to ensure greater business transparency, speak-up culture and reinforcing trust in GSK from customers, business partners, and patients.
In partnership with CIT (Corporate Investigation Team), HR and Legal ensuring that reported concerns are promptly and thoroughly investigated, with suitable corrective and remediation action and discipline when appropriate. Provide oversight on all investigations from his/her business.
- In partnership with the business, ensuring adequate preparation for internal audits of significant compliance risks and delivery of prompt responses to audit findings
Serve as the main contact and coordination point for independent business monitoring. Help to identify root cause issues to eliminate key risk areas
Act as the champion for GSK Values; driving our Values Assurance strategy into the depths of the organization and increasing the values maturity of the organization
- Acting as a change leader for standardization where appropriate, to simplify the complexity of practices while maintaining adherence to GSK policy and Values.
- Understanding the opportunity for business collaboration and new business models ensuring the risk management and controls framework is adequate.
- Development of communication and training strategy of GEC and ad hoc implementation to fully embedding desired compliance culture within West Africa.
- Being the local expert on a wide range of compliance topics e.g. ABAC, Third Party Oversight, Local Regulations and responsible for advising the West Africa based staff on compliance with these areas
Engage with external parties to promote and defend GSK's industry ethical lead and shape the external environment
As a key member of RMCB and Country Executive Board, encourage discussion of relevant, significant risks and ensure that issues and conclusions are escalated upwards and consistently across the market
Participate in GEC initiatives/projects/working streams
- Developing and implementing tools which empower employees to make ethical and legally compliant decisions. Provide compliance support to West Africa based staff, as well as advisory and interpretation services in relation to GSK Policies and SOP as required.
Partner with other governance groups (e.g. HR, Finance, Medical, Legal) to develop integrated compliance solutions
Distill complex issues to create right-size, simple solutions to problems
Demonstrate learning agility and ability to learn new things quickly
Solid understanding of any relevant healthcare compliance standards in the market
Ability to influence leadership behaviours in line with GSK Values
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top