Esprit Finance - MBA Global Development Program-US
• MBA or Masters in Finance
• Passion to work in Finance in the healthcare industry
• Track record of taking accountability in both team and individual situations.
• Ability to work in multinational environment, across cultures and in matrix environment.
• Proven accelerated development in career to date
• Fluency in your native language and English, both written and spoken
• Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment
• Must furnish evidence of US work authorization.
• Flexibility, adaptability and highly mobile; you must be willing to move and work in any of the countries where GSK operates.
• Experience working in a large multinational corporation or consulting with large matrixed organizations.
Esprit is GlaxoSmithKline’s leading global talent development programme for MBAs/postgraduates, which creates a pipeline of diverse leaders, with the right capabilities and behaviours to drive GSK’s future strategic challenges. Our goal is to support, stretch, develop and deliver leaders of the future. You will build your breadth of experience and leadership capabilities through this accelerated development programme which offers you:
- International rotations in relevant areas of the business.
- Networking and mentoring with senior leaders, plus individual coaching support.
- Formal training which includes an annual development week that brings all Associates together from across the globe.
What is the Esprit Finance Programme?
Our Esprit Finance programme is open to exceptional MBA or MIF postgraduates from a variety of backgrounds, with a passion for finance. The Esprit Finance Programme is focused on developing world class Finance leaders in a world class organization. We want to recruit individuals and develop you as leaders with the right capabilities and behaviours. This will enable you to identify and lead the delivery of value for our people, our customers and our shareholders.
What are we looking for?
The Esprit Finance Development Programme is not for everyone. We’re looking for individuals who can apply both academic excellence and commercial acumen in a fast paced business environment - to identify and deliver value for GlaxoSmithKline. You don’t need to have prior finance experience. In fact, our Associates have come from a range of backgrounds including Medicine, Pharmacy, Science, Engineering and Entrepreneurship. You do however need to have a passion to pursue a finance career in a healthcare environment. You’ll bring with you a wealth of knowledge and will recognize that there’s still plenty for you to learn and experience in order to become a world class leader.
How does the programme work?
• You’ll spend up to 4 years on a fast-track development programme, working your way towards a senior Finance leadership role
• By completing various global assignments across the Finance function you’ll gain a breadth and depth of experience
• Working in a number of overseas locations, you’ll develop a broad global business perspective, and significantly build on your commercial experience and existing knowledge
• Every step of the way we’ll provide you with focused development, training and support to help you achieve your greatest potential. You’ll have access to senior leaders throughout the organization and 1:1 coaching
• Whatever it is you’re doing, and wherever you’re based, you will be sharing in our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer – whilst building strong foundations for an outstanding career
Dates to be aware of:
Applications open 5th September
Please submit your application online by 5th October
First round interviews for those selected (by telephone) will be scheduled for mid- late October
Finalist candidates will be invited to join Assessment Centres w/c 7th November
Assessment centre will take place on 29th and 30th November in London, GSK House
Offers to successful candidates will be made in early December
May – September 2017 – New Associates will join the Esprit programme
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top