Engineering Technician (ABS - Antibiotic Bulk Supply)
Are you an Multiskilled Engineer / Technician who is looking for an exciting new challenge supporting a new state of the art facility? We are currently seeking an Engineering Technician to support our new ABS Facility.
The Antibiotic Bulk Supply (ABS) project is a large capital investment of c.£115M which has the aim of having a "best in class", sterile bulk manufacturing facility. There are a number of highly complex and automated equipment being installed which requires highly skilled technicians to join and support. Therefore, we are looking for highly skilled and inspired individuals to support us in our mission to help people Do More, Feel Better and Live Longer.
What will the role look like?
You will ensure the efficient up-keep and running of the new ABS facility, and providing innovative improvement ideas to ensure that performance is continually improving, and no gaps in engineering support are found. You will also support our strategy of Zero Accidents, Defects and Waste through your actions.
Day to Day:
• You will work within the team to continuously improve your own capability and that of the overall team to increase performance towards targets.
• Act as a role model for the expected behaviours and standards for all colleagues in the area.
• You will take additional responsibility for compliance by undertaking roles such as a safety rep, quality rep, permit receiver, etc. for the shift.
• Take leadership of Engineering related issues and driving them to completion.
• Ensuring that you manage and execute all maintenance work orders on a weekly basis, and also organise shutdown activities as required.
• Show the ability to take on small improvement projects by using lead/lag measure to track performance and lead them to completion.
• You will drive problem solving within the ABS Engineering areas of responsibility and also drive/ challenge engineering cost budget
• Use innovative and creative engineering solutions to improve efficiencies and performance
You will be an experienced Electro-Mechanical Technician with the ability to Lead standard ways of working as well as driving and promoting improvement ideas. You will be able to lead the improvement process to a successful conclusion. You will possess a 'can do' attitude and also be inquisitive, have the ability to identify opportunities, gaps or areas of concern and address them. When you see something is wrong, you should want to take action to either highlight or problem solve the issue rather than leaving it for someone else to handle.
Please note this role will be based at our site in Worthing, West Sussex, and this role is part of the sites Early and Late Shift Pattern working Monday - Friday (16/5 Shift).
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
CLOSING DATE for applications: COB - Wednesday 17th October 2018.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You will be at least a time served apprentice (HNC/HND) with relevant professional experience.
You will also possess the following:
• A Strong Electro-Mechanical background with 'hands on' experience in complex maintenance and repair tasks.
• Demonstrable experience working on large plant such as steam, pneumatic and vacuum systems.
• A good understanding of BMS (ideally PCS7) and equipment control software, including fault codes and diagnostics.
• Experience of implementing preventative maintenance and continuous improvement within routine tasks.
• Ability to understand P&ID's at system and sub-system level.
• Analytical skills preferred to be able to undertake problem solving and root cause activities that require numeracy and practical skills.
• Ability to operate (with support of operations technicians) complex equipment to replicate or reproduce faults to aid diagnosis and correction.
• Experience of working with and supervision of suppliers and contractors.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• HNC / HND Level qualification with a level of appropriate Engineering knowledge in two disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Control Systems or Instrumentation)
• EHS qualifications highly desirable, with the ability to produce risk assessments and method statements.
• Excellent forward planning and organisational experience required including shift handovers.
• Active participation in problem solving and striving for continuous improvement.
• Previous manufacturing experience, preferably within an aseptic environment, would be advantageous.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top