Energy Management Specialist
Act as the energy monitoring specialist for GSK Belgium to allocate internal energy costs and optimize energy efficiency and energy monitoring and to ensure technical troubleshooting linked to these.
Your responsibilities are:
• You will support energy strategy implementation plan and support initiatives to reduce energy consumptions.
- Issue tender files related to installation, commissioning, energising, use, troubleshooting of metering equipment and of data monitoring and collection systems.
- Support and follow-up of projects linked to implementation of energy meters.
- Manage field works and documentation.
• You will collect and compute data related to energies (water, gas, electricity, fuel etc.) are available, are adequately reported and ensure associated costs are internally allocated to internal customers.
- Encoding and analysis of data to detect probable failures or wrong data.
- Diagnose and investigate meters showing suspicious data.
- Organise and harmonise data collection by field operators.
- Assess current metering of energies and utilities networks to install relevant (sub-)meters for internal energy costs allocation.
- Encode manually data from external Suppliers into relevant GSK systems.
- Cross-check external data vs. internal data and investigate discrepancies.
- Perform back-charge calculations of energy costs onto the manufacturing sites (allocate energy costs). Manage and improve the tools currently used.
• Support deployment of industry best practices in terms of energy management and monitoring and deliver relevant trainings in his domain.
• Support Energy & Utilities purchases by Procurement by analysing energies flows and trends and by supporting both the mid-term (3-year-vision) and quarterly adjustments.
• Ensure support to internal customers through e-ticketing system.
• Engineering degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electro-Mechanical
• Solid knowledge of energy flow systems (fluid, piping, electricity etc.)
• French and English speaker
• 2-5 years' experience in industrial environment is a plus
• Flexibility and adaptability in a constantly changing environment
• Project management experience is an advantage
• Extensive knowledge of industrial or pharmaceutical facilities is a plus
GSK - one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies - is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
Our Department BeEM - Hard Technologies gives transversal technical support to ensure vaccines production by Belgian Operations
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require. This will help us to make suitable arrangements to support you throughout our selection process.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top