Electro Mechanical Equip Tech - Off-shift
- Associates Degree in relevant technical field with 0-1 years experience or high school\trade school graduate and completion of a recognized apprenticeship program totaling 2 years or a combination of formal training in a relevant technical field and experience equal to 2 years in an industrial environment.
- Experience in an industrial environment with equipment technician responsibilities.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, food or research facility working with facility regulatory guidelines standard operating procedures is preferred.
- Associates degree
This position is responsible for the set-up, cleaning and operation of all production areas & equipment within the manufacturing environment including: troubleshooting and maintenance. This position is also responsible for supporting deviations, CAPAs, SOP reviews as the equipment SME.
In addition, the position will support project work. This role will be 2nd or 3rd.
Second shift is 2pm-10:30pm. Third shift is 10pm-6:30am.
- Comply with all safety requirements established for the packaging area.
- Operational Responsibilities
oResponsible for the set-up and batch change over support on all packaging lines.
oResponsible for maintenance (emergency, corrective and preventative), testing, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair of a variety of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing.
oEnsure timely completion of PMs, calibrations and work orders
oProvide initial troubleshooting and hands-on support for equipment breakdowns.
oAssist in line operation and support as needed.
oAssists with equipment deviation investigations and CAPA execution.
oProvide technical input and review to equipment SOPs
oWork with vendors to get quotes on replacement parts
oPackaging Equipment SME
- Project Support
oHelp identify and drive OEE and waste reduction activities for the packaging lines.
oAssist with equipment modifications and validation activities.
oAssist in identifying the user requirements for new or modified packaging equipment.
oAssist with the installation, setup and qualification of new or modified equipment.
- Maintains full compliance with all assigned learning plans, technical competencies, aseptic technique, documentation practices and procedures as related to the GMP and EHS environments.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable EHS and GMP regulations, guidelines, policies, standard operating procedures, and industry practice and Industrial Excellence initiatives.
- Must be able to work independently on off-shifts and call-ins in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment on an emergency basis.
- Prior hand-on experience working with controls, instrumentation, automation, and PLC's systems with at least one of the following systems: Allen Bradley, Siemens, ControlLogix, RSLogix, and Step 7or Delta V.
- Must have prior experience with AC and DC electrical circuits and troubleshooting electrical problems for manufacturing equipment.
- Must be able to correctly read and understand electrical wiring diagrams, electronic schematics, engineering diagrams isometrics and P&ID drawings.
- Specific training in microprocessors, automatic machine controls, and programmable logic controllers is required.
- Hands-on experience in the set-up, operation, change-over, troubleshooting, maintenance and calibration of production equipment to include packaging, labeling and inspection machines are required.
- Must be able to address issues and problems related to manufacturing equipment and initiates quick resolution across matrix organization.
- Must be able to set priorities and successfully adapt to current and changing business needs.
- Proficient computer skills in Excel and Word in order to create amend and modify documents for individual and team use.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment. Must be able to work while wearing full protective gowning required for GMP areas.
- The aptitude to correctly troubleshoot and correct problems with a variety of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner according to GMP standards and other regulations.
- Must be a committed team player prepared to work in and embrace a team based culture and work closely with shift team to achieve goals in a 24/7 cGMP production environment. This schedule will include holidays, and weekends; over-time may be required.
- The capability to maintain attention to detail and quality, while completing multiple or repetitive tasks and meeting timelines and deadlines.
- The ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrate ability to perform all job duties with limited supervision.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality while balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top