GlaxoSmithKline is hiring an Electrician.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience PLC troubleshooting and minor programming, instrument calibration, electrical installation and maintenance
- Associate’s Degree
- Electrical license preferred
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, working productively and independently with very little supervision
At GlaxoSmithKline, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. As the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter products, reaching more than 1 billion consumers, GSK’s Consumer Healthcare business is on an exciting journey. We're passionate about building the world’s best fast-moving consumer healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
Our Consumer Healthcare facility in St. Louis, MO proudly manufactures household names such as TUMS, OsCal, and Citrucel. We're proud of our heritage and success in the St. Louis... and our impact on consumers’ lives around the world.
The purpose of this position is the installation of new equipment and the calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of production, packaging, and warehouse equipment, compliant with NEC and OSHA requirements.
- Comply with all operational, safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements. Comply with all local and corporate policies and procedures.
- Installation of new equipment and troubleshooting of production, packaging and warehouse equipment, working successfully in a team environment.
- Maintain instrumentation and central controls systems for production, packaging and warehouse equipment.
- Includes component level troubleshooting of microprocessor-based systems, measurement-optical systems, HVAC central controls and programming at the micro and Program Logistical Control (PLC) level.
- Repair existing equipment from written specifications such as blueprints, equipment manuals, engineering sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Use of programmable controller, VFDs, AC and DC motors, starters, 3-phase power, solid state logic, process instrumentation, and circuit layouts.
- Create material lists after obtaining proper authority; order all materials necessary to complete tasks. Utilize CMMS program to process work orders and PMs.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and state, federal and local laws.
- Respond to internal customer needs and/or requests professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
- Maintain department cleanliness, knowledge and compliance of GMPs and SOPs.
- Ensure Quality and Compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
- Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top