- Engineering degree in electricity
- Proven experience in the delivery of technical projects, resolution of technical issues and the introduction of technical change.
- Demonstrate use of problem solving and continuous improvement techniques.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- Perform his/her work in a cGMP consistent manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Capability of working transversally with different departments.
- Good IT skills with MS Office suite, Elec Calc software
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- BA4/BA5 HT/BT certification
Job purpose :
The candidate will join a team in charge of the electrical network equipment at the Rixensart site. The power supply equipment takes over the high and low voltage distribution cabinets, as well as the power generators, UPS and all associated equipment including the capacitor bank and rectifier110VDC batteries.
- Delivers projects ensuring that the design, construction, transformation and revamps, commissioning of facilities meet scheduling compliance and budget targets.
- Coordinates and supervises contractors (including on safety aspects).
- Supervises, participates and executes FAT, test and commissioning activities of electrical installations (energized or not) respectfully of electrical certification and LOTO procedure.
- Works include offices activities as well as field activities (energizing, maneuvers, lock-out).
- Defines, develops, analyzes and approves specific technical requirements in projects (in respect of GSK Technical Services standards).
- Reviews and updates specific GSK Technical Services standards (SEL) to improve them
- Performs network calculations with Elec Calc (software in use at GSK)
- Advices projects partners about technical choices
- Ensure commissioning and qualification activities of the installations.
- Ensure legal conformity of electrical systems
Key responsabilities :
- Individually or as part of a little project team, the candidate will be responsible for design solutions for electricity and instrumentation equipments
- Define functional, technical and quality requirements
- Realize process studies, P&ID's and process layouts whilst considering the operating and EHS characteristics at all design steps
- Ensure construction, transformation commissioning and qualification of the solution meets agreed cost, timing, technology and quality standards in line with the global technical services standards and legal conformity
- Coordinate technicians during execution
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top