Are you energized by an opportunity to improve delivery of safety strategies and services across businesses, geographically and enterprise wide? IF so, this Environmental Health & Safety Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Environmental Health & Safety Manager, you will advance EHS control programs by supporting EHS Advisors, performing EHS data analysis, overseeing organization of compliance documentation.
Provide day-to-day direct support to regional environmental manager to ensure reports, audits, permits and other site functions are effectively completed to ensure full environmental compliance of the site(s).
• Develop and manage process confirmation program to facilitate scripted GEMBAs that verify procedures are in place, in use and effective, e.g. EHS SOPs, PTW forms, special hazard work, LOTO, etc.
• Work with H&S Advisor to manage EHS CAPAs (non-RMS), e.g. ensuring CAPAs from RA's, L1's, L2's and Gap Analysis are entered, tracked, trended and closed.
• Ensure current reporting and cascade of KPIs including SafeDay Index, EHS CAPA Compliance, GA Tool, and RIIR (utilize EHS Admin assistant where feasible)
• Prepare regular statistical reports of EHS performance data including adverse events, ZAPs, and management monitoring findings to identify key learnings and trends and escalate as needed
• Maintain site chemical inventory and lead 3E SDS champion program
• Site EHS Training Coordinator (MyLearning TP5 access)
• Work with Environmental Advisor to perform activities related to managing hazardous waste such as assisting with SPCC and wastewater sampling
• Assist with Industrial Hygiene activities including reports and records for monitoring noise, chemical exposure, and ergonomics
• Assist in the development, preparation, and implementation of EHS programs, procedures, work instructions and plans
• Work with H&S Advisor to assist with review of change proposals (including capital projects and new product introductions) to identify potential EHS issues and participate in their resolution
• Provide support during RCAs and CAPA reviews as needed and available
• Assist with provision of training courses such as EHS Induction
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety
- Experience in pharmaceutical research or manufacturing where compliance to defined level of standards is required.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Formal training or graduate work in EHS (certificates, certifications, or post grad degree)
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top