We are currently recruiting for a EHS Manager to join our Global Manufacturing & Supply plant based in Ulu Klang. This role requires the incumbent to plan, organize, direct, control and monitor all matters concerning environment, health and safety (EHS) in accordance with the requirements of the local EHS legislations, GSK Global EHS policies and standards, GSK Global Engineering Standards and provide EHS advice in support of all activities for the product manufacture and introduction of new process or technology
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region
- Advise Site Leadership Team (SLT) on all aspects concerning occupational safety and process safety, occupational hygiene and environmental protection to ensure compliance with corporate EHS and Engineering standards and local statutory requirements.
- Ensure that all EHS requirements and procedures are strictly followed by all personnel working on site.
- Inspect the workplace, identify the hazards coming from any machinery / equipment, plant, materials / substances or process or manual activity, that is of such nature liable to cause bodily injury to any person working there. Perform risk assessment using appropriate PHIRA tools and advise the control measures to be put in place according to hierarchical control.
- Implement EHS Blue Chip programmes and be the Subject Matter Expert on related EHS topics e.g. regulatory, environmental aspects, PTW, contractor management, and any other topics as assigned from time to time.
- Lead and participate in regular audit L2 of the EHS management system and L1/GEMBA/inspection of the work environment.
- To lead investigation and analysis using 6-step RCA, and maintain the statistics of any accident, near – miss accident, dangerous occurrence, occupational illness which has happened in the workplace.
- Lead, support and organize training for site emergency response team and first aiders.
- You are a passionate EHS Manager (Environment, Health and Safety Manager) with the following attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, EHS or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years' experience in pharmaceutical industry preferred or equivalent
- Must be Registered Health & Safety Officer with Dept of Occupational Safety & Health, Ministry of Human Resources
- Certified competent person in environmentally-related operations e.g. waste water, air emission, hazardous waste
- People change management concepts and practice
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top