OHS or WHS or EHS
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a global research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare company with a proud history in Australia. On a daily basis our products make a difference to millions of people's lives. At GSK we take great pride in working towards our challenging mission; to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. As one of Australia's fastest growing consumer healthcare companies, GSK Consumer has many trusted, global brands including Panadol, Sensodyne and Nicabate.
At our Ermington Consumer Healthcare manufacturing site we have produced Panadol for many years – one of the top 5 most trusted and one of the 50 most desirable brands in Australia. We're very proud of our success and heritage and we want you to become part of this.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced EHS professional responsible for managing and maintaining all safety and loss prevention programmes, OH&S hygiene and environmental regulatory activities at our GMS Site in Ermington.
- Experience operating within a Senior Leadership Team Level having experience within a matrix reporting structure with regional reporting exposure
- Extensive experience within an EHS leadership role (or similar) as well as leading teams
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, healthcare or pharmaceutical sectors will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability and experience in a prior leadership role in a risk management/WHS environment
- Proven experience in your knowledge and understanding of EHS standards, management systems and local legislation/guidelines
- Proven track record in EHS strategy implementation, process improvement and delivery
- Exposure to liaising with multiple external agencies/ bodies in relation to your function and responsibilities
- Implementation of comprehensive people safety, occupational hygiene & health management programmes
- Financial management experience including responsibility of budgets
- An ability to influence and communicate to multiple areas of a business
- A genuine desire and passion for the welfare of yourself and others.
About you …
You will have led a high performing EHS function through significant change and be a strategic thinker and partner, an effective people leader and ultimately an enabler in terms of delivery to the business. Reporting to the Site Director and part of a fast-paced and professional senior leadership team your exceptional communication and influencing skills along with being a trusted advisor, coach and contributor across all levels of the business will be critical to your success in this role.
In return, we can offer you a rewarding culture that values you, focuses on your career progression, and makes you an integral part of our success.
You may wish to have a look at our website to see some of the exciting initiatives that are happening at GSK www.gsk.com.au
Otherwise, please follow the link to apply and your application will be reviewed by one of the career team.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top