Economic Modelling Scientist
- Master's degree or higher in: Health economics, economic evaluation, economics, economic modelling
- Experience of independently led hands-on development of economic models within a consultancy environment, academia or pharmaceutical company.
- Experience drafting technical reports for complex economic models with clear written English and attention to detail, including complete referencing using suitable referecing software or tools.
- Experience contributing to the economic section of an HTA submission including an economic model in more than two markets
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple completing priorities
- Significant experience working within all MS office applications with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Experience working on a publication detailing cost-effectiveness modelling research.
- Experience working in multiple markets, with an understanding of differing requirements by country for HTA and modelling needs.
Apply specialized technical expertise in economic modelling to support a medicine and/or disease area regarding the development of HTA reimbursement strategy, core economic models (cost-effectiveness and budget-impact) and robust methods for generating appropriate model data inputs meeting the requirements of HTA agencies globally in clinical trials or real-word studies.
- Supervise the technical aspects of developing core economic models for medicines preparing for launch/HTA reimbursement applications, in cooperation with the VEL and vendors.
- Develop early economic models for pipeline products to be shared with product development teams to inform clinical development plans including Phase III trial design and real-world studies.
- Quality-assure economic modelling deliverables of external vendors, ensuring transparency and adherence to best-practice by recognized industry standards.
- Serve as a member of the Economic Modelling Protocol Review Committee to peer review modelling protocols submitted by global teams as well as LOCs seeking to undertake their own analyses.
- Serve as an in-house resource for product teams for economic modelling and HTA issues.
- Develop standardized tools and templates to streamline the economic modelling development process and ensure minimum quality standards are met consistently.
- Prepare relevant sections of documentation and communication for scientific advice meetings; participate and represent organization at such meetings in collaboration with VEL.
- Prepare abstracts and manuscripts as part of a defined Data Dissemination Plan for assets and to showcase any research developed over the course of supporting an asset or as independent methods research.
- Participate in external engagement to stay abreast of best practices in economic modelling and create network of experts with whom to share innovations in methods.
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for Interview you may contact [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 24th May 2017
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top