Drug Delivery Formulation Scientist
As a Drug Delivery Formulation Scientist, you will have the opportunity to use creative thinking to drive discovery through formulation development.
This role will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Supporting pre- and post- development candidates by screening and developing robust drug product compositions for non-conventional sterile drug products, including but not limited to suspensions, hydrogels, emulsions, and controlled release implants.
- Developing scalable manufacturing processes and evaluating terminal sterilization processes
- Working effectively with R&D pilot plant scientists and operators to manufacture drug product for clinical studies
- Authoring relevant sections of technical reports and regulatory documents
- Defining the primary packaging and support stability and robustness assessment as appropriate for early stage projects
- Interacting closely with internal partners in conducting PK/PD/Tox studies
- Contributing to scientific strategy to advance development candidates requiring non-conventional parenteral delivery
- Serving as a drug product representative in CMC technical meetings
- Identifying and managing scientific business-relevant relationships and contract research programs
- Participating in due diligence assessment of new business development opportunities, as required
- Mentoring fellow scientists on formulation design
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MS in Chemical/ Biochemical Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
- Four years of industry experience or PhD with one year of industry experience
- Strong foundation in materials science, particularly polymers applied to drug delivery or related field
- Experience with polymeric controlled release drug delivery systems
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- A strong track record of publications in parenteral drug delivery
- A good understanding of GMP manufacturing and GMP compliance
- Hands on experience and thorough knowledge of laboratory/plant equipment to manufacture non-conventional sterile drug products through processes including wet grinding, micronisation, and homogenization
- Experience in authoring relevant sections of regulatory documents (eg. IND or IMPD)
- Experience with implantable drug delivery devices
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top