District Sales Manager - Mississauga & Oshawa
Please note this is a 15 month contract
• Lead and manage the district to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management.
• Lead and manage the therapeutic area to promote the product portfolio for their sales force, including the products that are not part of the bonus plan.
• Develop business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives.
• Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives. Prepare all required paperwork and administrative procedures to support hiring and assessment activities in WD.
• Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
• Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
• Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
• Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
• Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
• Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures to insure 100% compliant implementation.
• Ensure effective distribution of products in the district including adequate stocking and adequate coverage of all distribution channels.
• Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
• In addition to national and regional meetings, overnight travel may be involved.
• BA/BS degree required from an accredited institution
• People Management and Coaching ability
• Strong Business Knowledge
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to travel domestically as necessary
• Candidate must reside in the territory (Mississauga, GTA, or Oshawa area), or be willing to relocate into the territory to ensure travel is at a minimum.
• 2 years in a staff or headquarters-based position plus completion of a management development training program and/or special assignments.
• Expert knowledge of territory and organization analysis.
• Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment.
• Mastery of selling skills.
• Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills.
This position requires the employee to drive routinely on Company business and allows for the provision of a company - leased vehicle. However, to be eligible for this position and a company vehicle, GSK will need to obtain acceptable results from a license verification inquiry and drivers abstract review against its safe driver program requirements.
Do more, Feel Better, Live Longer!
RESPECT - TRANSPARENCY - INTEGRITY - PATIENT FOCUS
GSK journey begins and ends with our vision: Focusing where the patient need is greatest and the science is most fertile, we will work to accelerate delivery of innovative new products to patients and make decisions
to drive the greatest benefit for all. Our healthcare solutions will enable people to live life to its fullest, allowing them and their communities to prosper. We will challenge ourselves to raise the bar - endeavoring to increase our commercial return, enhance scientific excellence, strengthen customer relationships, tell our story and positively impact our communities. Applying our values to make the right choice, the right decision. Always keeping the patient at the heart of our actions and decisions.
We are on a mission to improve millions of lives and we need future leaders to make it happen. Bring your skills, curiosity and commitment and we'll help you develop to take on the world's biggest healthcare challenges. Part of GSK's Strategic priorities is to invest in People! Are you the next employee that GSK will invest in?
You are looking for a challenging long term career; you are looking for national and international career opportunities. If you are willing to be relocated in another province and country, GSK is waiting for you!
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top