Director Vaccines Product Communications
- Extensive pharmaceutical product and / or global health communications (in-house or agency) experience and a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, including the regulatory environment and processes
- Strong experience leading on issues and crisis management
- Strong experience of developing, implementing and measuring external communications strategies and tactics that support commercial objectives
- Experience working in cross functional teams and matrixes, and in cross-company collaborations
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with strong business acumen and understanding of the commercial environment. Demonstrated creative approach to communications, ability and willingness to seek out and execute new and innovative ways of working
- A strong understanding of traditional media, social media and media relations
- The ability to evaluate and apply judgment in all situations, particularly when handling sensitive and / or confidential information
- High personal accountability
- Sound judgement, with high personal and business integrity
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and "people" skills
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with ability to problem solve
- Ability to take a global view with the ability to understand and adapt to regional / local needs
- Flexible and self-motivated; able to remain focused in a matrix organisation
- Native English speaker and writer; other language skills are a plus
- Role to be based at GSK Vaccines headquarters in Wavre, Belgium
This role is responsible for planning, development and delivery of strategic external communications to support GSK's priority vaccine brands and vaccine portfolios. This could include product-specific or therapy area programmes that deliver effective external communications, to enhance understanding and build trust with key stakeholders, to protect the reputation of GSK. This role would be responsible for directly delivering external communications globally and supporting communications activities undertaken by the Local Operating Companies (LOCs) or regions and would lead on the management of issues impacting the global vaccines business.
The person in this role will work closely with the Global Product & Pipeline Communications Lead. They must be able to confidently interact at different levels within GSK and be comfortable working 'virtually' across geographies and within a complex matrix organisation. They must be intellectually able to assimilate information and be able to translate and articulate this information into clear communication messages.
- Develop and implement global external communications plans and narrative for GSK vaccines, which are aligned to the global vaccines business strategy. This includes adapting programme plans, as needed, delivering compelling content to drive more consistent and effective engagement, and identifying and optimizing opportunities for external communication
- Deliver strategic communications plans and materials (including approval and dissemination) to support communications activities within the LOCs and at a regional level to ensure consistent and successful implementation of the disease area / vaccines communication strategy, facilitating adaptation and localisation where appropriate
- Ensure alignment and delivery of appropriate internal communications activities to support the Global Vaccines business and our priority vaccine brands, in partnership with internal communications
- Help to maintain and deliver strategic newsflow by maintaining an editorial calendar and working with subject matter experts to contribute content that supports communications strategies
- Anticipate and prepare for product/therapy area issues to enable rapid and appropriate response. Lead the development of communications materials for LOC communicators and global (above country) media relations
- Support and align communications activities with key external organisations and third parties, as appropriate
- Oversee communications agency involvement in the development and execution of relevant communications plans and materials (where appropriate), including effective budget management
- Generate meaningful insights that help inform strategy and action to better meet customer and business needs, monitor and evaluate programme uptake, and assess outcomes and effectiveness of communications activities
- Ensure all communications programmes are compliant with GSK codes of conduct, ethics and values
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
GSK is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world's leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world's countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top