Director, USMA Medical Engagement
- Bachelors Degree but an Advanced Degree is preferred (MBA, Masters in Science, RN, RPH, or related healthcare professional master's degree)
- A minimum of 5 years of combined experience in related area required; experience in Medical Affairs setting preferred including strong tactical familiarity with medical affairs activities around EE strategy and management
- Indirect experience in Active Relationship Management and utilization of CRM tools
- Direct experience with planning multiple customer segments across multiple channels of engagements
- Mastery of project management skills with the ability to manage multiple large projects simultaneously
- Experience in developing and implementing broad-based strategies and significant change initiatives required.
- Must exhibit strategic thought and leadership with the ability to think and lead at the big picture level as well as the ability to translate strategic objectives into specific initiatives and manage successful execution
- Able to utilize appropriate approaches for effective communication, influence and leadership ability in a matrix environment with senior management
- Proven ability to interpret customer needs as well as negotiation and influence skills
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and communicate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and negotiate projects and priorities across functions and/or organizations
- Strong teamwork skills, leading cross-functional teams, timely decision making and results orientation in meeting project, department and business objectives
- Strong business acumen, deep understanding of the HealthCare environment , and the varied Customers within it
The USMA Medical Engagement Director will be responsible for developing and overseeing customer engagement strategic planning for Medical Affairs. S/he will be responsible for driving a consistent & holistic external customer engagement framework USMA, developing and adopting processes & solutions for comprehensive customer engagement. S/he will be responsible to work closely with the Global/US TA and Field Medical teams to ensure customer insights and activities are integrated into the overall TA Customer Engagement plan. They will also collaborate across the matrix to ensure alignment with TA overall customer engagement needs & implementation of comprehensive action plans.
a.Create formal and informal forums to establish and maintain robust Matrix Partnerships to direct alignment of customer mapping, engagement and insight work with overall organizational priorities and needs
b.Key partners include USMA Therapeutic Area Heads, CEVEO, MiPS, Capabilities, Commercial, Global Medical, R&D and other internal partners crucial to external engagement success.
c.Gather information across the matrix to generate and provide recommendations to TAHs and Field Medical Group Heads to inform engagement resource deployment plans (FTEs, time allocation per activity, regional specific needs etc.)
2.Medical Engagement Planning:
a.Direct medical engagement planning process by creating processes and forums that allow for infusing of strategic insights into each function's development and execution of a medical engagement plan from the LOC level down to the regional (FL Territory) level
b.Identify opportunities (both customer needs and internal Global and R&D needs) to align those needs and improve customer engagement across all customer segments, potential obstacles and alternative solutions
a.Direct Customer Mapping process to generate robust and relevant customer maps across all customer segments and inform customer coverage and prioritization decisions that meet local market needs and align with therapeutic area strategy
b.Accountable for ensuring customer mapping is pulled through into the appropriate functional lines for the execution of the medical engagement plan
a.Core MMT/MCST member responsible for the development and translation of customer insights from diverse, complex data set which optimizes analytic capabilities and expertise within USMA, US Pharma and R&D organizations
b.Build a strategic feedback loop internally and externally to ensure sharing, understanding and integration of insights into the both the medical engagement and customer mapping processes (translating to the "so what" and "now what") as well as with other stakeholders (global, R&D, commercial, etc.)
c.Direct process and strategic leadership to medical teams on voice of the customer collection activities (eg. listening priorities)
i. In partnership with CEVEO and TA Leadership teams, define Lead and Lag measures and Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and other questions to be answered by quantitative and qualitative measures (in alignment with Global Medical and Medical Governance guidance)
ii.Partner with MiPS to structure and deliver customer engagement-related metrics (including KPI, reports and dashboards, launch excellence reports, etc.) and embed their usage throughout the organization.
i.Assist medical leadership teams in interpretation and application of customer engagement metrics reports and dashboards (translating to the "so what" and "now what")
a.Lead large-scale, cross-functional and transformational customer engagement planning needs; For engagement planning initiatives, accountable for all aspects of project leadership, including charter development, stakeholder identification and management, identification and selection of team members, timeline and milestone mapping, metrics and communications.
a.Assess needs and create plans for regular communications with internal and external stakeholders related to customer mapping and engagement activities (metrics)
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top