Director US Vaccines Communications - Internal
This exciting new role in US Vaccines, one of GSK's fastest growing business units, will:
• Ensure internal audiences understand and are motivated by the US vaccines growth strategy in the US, as the business aims to accelerate its growth targets
• Oversee and implement the internal communications strategy to motivate the field to execute on key brand priorities
• Coordinate the communications aspects and strategies of key internal, annual "tent-pole" events for the business unit, including national sales meetings, town-halls, leader messages, etc.
• Ensure effective use and positioning of US vaccines' mission internally to operate as a partner of choice
• Lead the development and execution of internal communications plans in the US. Provide communications support and strategic direction to senior leaders and business decision makers. Manage internal communications cadence and strategy for key tent pole events for the VBU and field force, especially for the national sales meetings and leadership meetings.
• Communications Planning: Ensure an effective annual communications planning process for vaccines in the US, linked to external/marketing planning, as well as provide insight and input about the communications implications of proposed business actions. Communications plans should have measurable impact, align to USP milestones, and leverage internal digital channels and platforms.
• Leader Support: Support VBU team leadership (SVP, VP sales) to enhance and develop their internal communications skills and styles through coaching, training and mentoring by tapping PR agency and other coaching resources.
• Program Execution: Construct editorial content calendar to shape long-term internal communications strategy of VBU and Manage all internal communications touchpoints for the BU that address needs, including new field communications tool and monthly leader messages for SVP and VP, Sales.
• Stakeholder Outreach: Implement a structured approach towards stakeholder management to ensure alignment with colleagues in key functions across GSK - including sales, commercial, medical, and the global franchise - to ensure seamless delivery of communications objectives. Work across US and global communications to ensure consistency.
• Matrix Team-working: Build strong working relationships and work seamlessly with US commercial teams and VBU business leadership, as well as the global commercial team where relevant, to support business objectives with strategic communications. Coordinate media activities and messages with key internal communications groups, including US-based investor relations, divisional and global communications teams, and US Vaccines program leads. Consider internal communications planning and materials for all external media activities/issues. Work with the US Pharma Enterprise/Internal Communications Team to pull through enterprise content and maintain alignment across USP. Coordinate with the Digital Media Team for development/distribution of information to the employee audience.
• Agency Management: Work with corporate event agency and other agency partners (video production) as needed to develop and execute tactical communications plans.
• Bachelors degree in Communications, English, Business, Healthcare or other relevant discipline
• 10+ years of relevant communications experience, with particular internal and executive communications experience during that period, ideally with a combination of both agency and in-house experience.
• Masters degree in Communications, English, Business, Healthcare,
• Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills; strong and versatile writing skills with proven experience in developing clear, concise plans in addition to persuasive materials under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing strategic communications plans providing strategic counsel and translating and complex science into compelling stories.
• Ability to recognize the "big picture" and develop strategy that fits within that framework.
• Familiarity with metrics-based communications planning
• Experience managing teams and developing communicators; adept at working across matrix organizations
• Good understanding of vaccine/pharmaceutical and healthcare industry issues, competitive landscape and political environment
• Demonstrated teamwork skills to work effectively with multiple leaders, business units and divisions with ability to exert influence in this matrix environment without reporting line authority
• Project management skills and ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of social media environment and ability to engage effectively to advance internal communications strategies
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top